1960 Plymouth 2 door Sedan for Sale or trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetymike77

Reaction score
Contact seller
Ok all, I bought this car from a member here, and it really wasn't as represented. Now this is not a rusty hulk, but it really isn't a perfect specimen by any means. Because of that fact, plus the fact that I really prefer a 4 door, I am looking to sell, or make a trade. The extent of the trade will depend on what all you want to go with the car. FYI, Many of the pics I took aren't the right size, but I don't feel like resizing them right now. If you are interested, email me, and I will send you the full size pics.

Ok... Enough of that bs. Here is what I have. It is a 2 door sedan. It is completely disassembled. Someone else started some body work and sanding down the car. I decided it would be best to take it to bare metal because the paint looked so thick, so I started to do just that. I started on the back panel below the trunk, on the inside of the fins and the passenger fin on the outside. What I found was a former repaint with a fair amount of filler, which doesn't make sense to me because the metal isn't really damaged or looks like it has been brought back straight. There is some rust through that was covered up by filler in the very bottom of the passenger quarter. I have found a repair at the front of the passenger quarter wheel well as well. I didn't get far enough to uncover the true extent of that one though. There is extensive blocking done throughout the car. There is at least 2 layers of paint on all surfaces that I can tell. The windows are out of the car. The window channel needs blasted, but it is in good shape. There is one patch in one of the floor pans. It was done in a good fashion, but it was done with flat steel. The underneath of the car is just absolutely beautiful. It has been cleaned, primed and painted by someone in the car's past. There is a new 3/8 fuel line ran front to back, and the trunk has been modified for a fuel cell. All of this was done very well. The front subframe has been cleaned primed and painted by a former owner. The paint is a flat black, but it is starting to rust. Some POR15 would set that off. I was told the front brakes have been redone, but I can't confirm it. This is a manual brake and manual steering car. The brake lines are all hooked up and installed. The rear end is a newer style 8 3/4. I am unsure of condition. The fenders look to have no rust through, but there could be filler in them. Same goes with the rockers. As you can tell, I try to represent things as they are, and I wish the prior owner had done the same. The car comes with a set of 5 original appearing rims. They currently have some old bias plys on them. The car includes a perfect hood, which the car didn't have when I purchased it. It also includes an original 1960 rear end and a set of springs. The springs that are in it were set up for cornering, so one is down a leaf. Hence the extra set of original springs that I have kept. That rear end also has two original rims on it. It also includes the front suspension from another 60 that I parted out. The suspension that is there is an extra set of a arms, spindles, brakes, rims, steering and an extra manual steering box. I have a dash from a 4 door to go with the car, and I also have a complete firewall from another 60 that will go with it. I have 2 sets of door glass for the car, including a nice set of vent windows and frames from the 4 door. I have an extra radiator support, an extra set of inner fenders and 2-3 sets of bumpers. I have 2 sets of front and rear glass. I believe I have 2 of the sky high windows. I only have one complete set of windshield and rear window gaskets. I have 2 valences. Both need work. I have one set of tail lights that need rechromed. I have some side trim for the car, but not all.

I have very little interior pieces. It needs door panels. I do have a rear seat that could be recovered. I have a front bench, but it is from the 4 door car.

The car does have a title issue. I have the original title. I MIGHT be able to get a new one. I have tracked down the original owners, and both are deceased. A title should be fairly easy to get if you are in a state other than Illinois. Sucks, because it was represented to me as a clean title.

I do have a clear signed title for the 4 door firewall that could go with for the right price. I would prefer to keep the title though if the new owner doesn't intend to use it.

I do have a 360 and trans from a 1971 Plymouth Fury that was going to be my drive line. The car was a driver.

Ok... So... if you want everything, including the 360, I am asking $2500. If you want everything minus the 360, then $1900.

As for trades... I really want a 70s dodge pickup, or I will consider other cars in trade. I tend to like anything odd and mopar, so any finned cars would fit that bill. Car or truck doesn't need to have a motor and trans if you don't take the 360. Would also consider 50's dodge pickups. I had a 54 I never should have let go. Will also consider C bodies. Prefer 4 door cars, but will consider anything. Prefer to have a clear title. If this wasn't a 60 Plymouth, which seems to be rarer than hens teeth, then I wouldn't be asking so much without a title, but it is a 2 door, but I do know the prior owners are both deceased, so I know a title can be gotten easily. PM me if you are interested. I am listing this in many places so jump on it if you have any interest. Or email me at safetymike1977 at yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back