Reaction score
Contact seller
1960 plymouth sonoramic
00Y0Y_4rjtS6qTV3V_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_ds0JmRcEesZ_600x450.jpg

00G0G_2IbxIrRtWlr_600x450.jpg

00303_i6KV4ST22GX_600x450.jpg

00U0U_i04Y25B2qPa_600x450.jpg

1960 Plymouth Belvedere one of 47 factory built sonoramic standard shift car only one knowing to exist due to some research and very restorable runs but needs restored

okay i'll bit , sixteen bucks . let see what i've got here in my pocket book . i've got enough . i'll take it . now how to going get it . best finish getting my crew cab motorized .

MUST read:

Most of the SonoRamic Commandos were intended especially for that purpose: a quick, and safe, pass, perhaps without even dropping down into a passing gear. They weren’t race engines and could be ordered for virtually any kind of Plymouth, including heavy convertibles and station wagons.

The Plymouth version was supposed to be just the 361 CID mill and it was rated at 310 hp/435 ft.lbs torque (the identical engine for the new Dodge Dart came out at 320 hp, but Dodge must have been entitled to the ten extra horses because of its higher price). This engine option added a hefty $389 to the base price of any car, plus the additional $211 for the necessary Torqueflitetransmission.

Supposedly, the engine was available only with the Torqueflite, but cooperative dealers in those days could often work wonders with the “999” option code. I must say I’ve never seen an honest ’60 Plymouth with a ram engine and the three-speed manual, but who knows?

Dennis Marines knows:

I was the proud owner of a black (red interior) 1960 Plymouth Fury with a 383 Sonoramic Commando and 3-on-the-tree. I have never heard of or seen another car like it, but I purchased the car in 1961 after I got out of the Army from my cousin, who ordered the car new. It only had 1200 miles on it when I purchased it. I lost very few street races and beat up on 409s and 389 Pontiacs regularly. The biggest problem I had was shifting into second gear. You had to be very careful when shifting it into second, but even if I had to slow down the shift, I was usually so far ahead of my competitor, that it didn’t matter. It never even had a tach in it.

PicsArt_07-04-09.07.15.jpg

Last edited:
Why is this idiot using CL to sell this car?

Gawd this is freaking beautiful. And people, cell phones are not cameras.
00q0q_ds0jmrceesz_600x450-jpg.jpg

Actually my phone takes better pics then my camera. You 2 just need better phones.:poke:

I would be very interested to find out how many zero's he left off the C/L listing price. I bet his phone is ringing off the hook right about now.

Thats just sick.
I really wish folks would learn a little about photography like, portrait vs. landscape and what not.... helps when trying to fit a 20' car into frame ...
Thats all needless griping though ... That car is just sick.

MUST read:

Most of the SonoRamic Commandos were intended especially for that purpose: a quick, and safe, pass, perhaps without even dropping down into a passing gear. They weren’t race engines and could be ordered for virtually any kind of Plymouth, including heavy convertibles and station wagons.

The Plymouth version was supposed to be just the 361 CID mill and it was rated at 310 hp/435 ft.lbs torque (the identical engine for the new Dodge Dart came out at 320 hp, but Dodge must have been entitled to the ten extra horses because of its higher price). This engine option added a hefty $389 to the base price of any car, plus the additional $211 for the necessary Torqueflitetransmission.

Supposedly, the engine was available only with the Torqueflite, but cooperative dealers in those days could often work wonders with the “999” option code. I must say I’ve never seen an honest ’60 Plymouth with a ram engine and the three-speed manual, but who knows?

Dennis Marines knows:

I was the proud owner of a black (red interior) 1960 Plymouth Fury with a 383 Sonoramic Commando and 3-on-the-tree. I have never heard of or seen another car like it, but I purchased the car in 1961 after I got out of the Army from my cousin, who ordered the car new. It only had 1200 miles on it when I purchased it. I lost very few street races and beat up on 409s and 389 Pontiacs regularly. The biggest problem I had was shifting into second gear. You had to be very careful when shifting it into second, but even if I had to slow down the shift, I was usually so far ahead of my competitor, that it didn’t matter. It never even had a tach in it.

View attachment 131758
I surprise you didn't question the stick in that picture. Doesn't look like factory stick to me, or is it?
MUST read:

Dennis Marines knows:

View attachment 131758

16K is really not a unreasonable starting point for this car. There must be someone here close to Columbus Oh to go check it out. Floor and trunk pans need to be inspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back