1960's standard shift

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 66 Dodge pick up that is a standard. From the picture I was sent it looks as though it has two master cylinders. The guy is telling me it is a factory hydraulic clutch.

What day you guys.

Unfortunately this picture doesn't show it real well.
IMG952687.jpg

Yep, I once owned 63 Dodge D100 with 4speed. It had a hydraulic clutch. Always worked fine for the year I had the truck.

Last edited:
I would think more on the 3/4 and /or 1 ton types but I'll defer to those who know more than I on the subject. I had a 97 Dakota, 5.2, 4WD & 5 speed, it had a hydraulic clutch, never a problem and still had the original clutch after 200k + miles. Then my son drove it another 40-50k until the frame gave out.

Many Mopar mechanical clutches have been converted to hydraulic by using the Dakota system.

I would think more on the 3/4 and /or 1 ton types but I'll defer to those who know more than I on the subject. I had a 97 Dakota, 5.2, 4WD & 5 speed, it had a hydraulic clutch, never a problem and still had the original clutch after 200k + miles. Then my son drove it another 40-50k until the frame gave out.
My Dad had a '62 Chevy half-ton, 6 cylinder 4-speed. Had a hydraulic clutch.

My '03 Dakota, V-6 5-speed was hydraulic as well.

My 70 D-200 had a mechanical clutch, I was told the earlier years were hydraulic, I do not know the changeover year.

Alan

I should add to my earlier post that my 63 D100 with 4 speed and hydraulic clutch, was powered by a slant 6 for what it’s worth.

Back