1961 chp

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaco75

Reaction score
Contact seller
Thought this one would fit in with the rest lately. Pretty rare car. No description really though...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3828808871.html

3Ee3Lb3M35E45Kf5Jad5p5a11aa29ac7d1f9c.jpg

Thats a rare one, cant believe they are still sitting in the open like that

"... very rare seneca/polara mfg only for chp."
That makes no sense...

< Sent from my tablet >

I dont believe dodge was making cop cars yet. These were special order just for CHP

Im getting this info from the blumo board, as I really dont know much on it. But it has a polara body, with a seneca nose. As mentioned made just for CHP. Only one other of these cars accounted for at the moment.

"... very rare seneca/polara mfg only for chp."
That makes no sense...

< Sent from my tablet >

Think this was the longer Polara wheelbase as required by CHP combined with Dart trim. I looked that up a while ago but no more sure about the details.

That's what I was saying. They special ordered or built SWB Senecas or LWB Polaras. I seriously doubt some of each.

Polara, Pioneer & Seneca all used the same front sheetmetal, just different trim and Polara had its own grill. Dodge was making Police cars in 61, here are some promo lit!

Police Car 2.jpg Police Car 1.jpg Police Wagon.jpg

Police Car 2.jpg

Police Car 1.jpg

Police Wagon.jpg

Last edited:
Why was everybody driving around with a huge smile back then?

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Dodge first offered Police cars in 1956, Plymouth followed in 1957, Chrysler in 1961.

CHP wanted the longer wheelbase cars, so they got Polaras in 1961, with lighter Dart grilles. The same was done in 1960 with the Police Matadors with Dart grilles.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back