NOT MINE 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible - $209,000 - South lyon, Michigan

rapidtrans

Reaction score
Maybe why this is on CL and not in Hemmings or at Barret Jackson.

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Maybe why this is on CL and not in Hemmings or at Barret Jackson.

I'm thinking that for $200K - plus, that car should be a high ninety-point unit, been judged at the Senior level - and it should be loaded with all the factory options including A/C.

chrysler_fan

Reaction score
I'm thinking that for $200K - plus, that car should be a high ninety-point unit, been judged at the Senior level - and it should be loaded with all the factory options including A/C.
Seems reasonable. It is a beautiful car and hope it runs as well as it looks. I actually like the red Basket weave seats but they are not "correct" in the code "888" interior optional choices. Whoever did it was into fancy but did not know 300G well

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Seems reasonable. It is a beautiful car and hope it runs as well as it looks. I actually like the red Basket weave seats but they are not "correct" in the code "888" interior optional choices. Whoever did it was into fancy but did not know 300G well

That one incorrect item would kick the car out of the nineties as regards scoring level. And I'm sure there is a bunch of other indiscretions to deal with. I think this car is a solid No. 2 car. It would have to be a No. 1 to get anywhere close to justifying the optimistic price.

Robert Kelley

Reaction score
Drivers seat not factory power as the control is missing in the picture. Vehicle trim plate would confirm special order interior and options. I agree special order interior would not have pattern in leather. I have owned both 60 and 61 300's. #2 convertible price range is $110,000 to $165,000. When viewing photos I ask myself what photos are missing, like the R41HP and build date stamped on the engine pad and Chrysler number stamped on the transmission, both unique to 61 300G.

Bob K.

finsruskw

Reaction score
Without the VIN there is no way to authenticate this car.
Tags can be changed but the original Chrysler micro fiche does not lie.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
We priced some plywood the other day for a backyard shed project, and Home Depot wants $66.00 per sheet for it. And don't even ask me about the price of pressure-treated lumber. . .
Heh come to Floriduh when a Hurricane is aiming for us. There hasn't been a 'put up the plywood' hurricane come near me in almost a decade but back last one plywood was flying off the shelf at $80+ a sheet, early shoppers got the 5/8's (actually less than 1/2") late ones got slim pick'ins of 1/4" at same price. Forget about getting 3/4" Marine Grade that's been over $100 since who knows when. As in the 'canes of '04 they cut it up and put it up only to take it down and pile it up too rot and become termite breading ground then off to the landfill it goes.

fury fan

Reaction score
I've never understood why hurricane-alley dwellers don't keep bolt-on plywood covers in storage, ready for use. Kinda like a snowblower up north - you'll need it sooner or later, and be glad that you kept it.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I've never understood why hurricane-alley dwellers don't keep bolt-on plywood covers in storage, ready for use. Kinda like a snowblower up north - you'll need it sooner or later, and be glad that you kept it.
Well the thing is around here no one has a basement, everything is slab construction, storage space is limited, plus we have the humidity + salt air being close to the ocean. So that all ad's up to the plywood delaminating if you don't paint it up real good, and fresh wood takes 3 good healthy coats of paint to protect it and paint is very expensive these days. So it ends up leaned against the back of the house where it becomes termite food.

chrysler_fan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the seller got rid of the car or just took it off the market as the linked ad is no longer there.