D76D4F0F-E3DF-43DC-B47C-576AD150C8C9.png
45FDBAA4-FF4E-4755-9994-FFCD6100190A.png
33170DDE-D116-4B2B-8E10-9D16C75BC919.png
EA7E52E2-8A05-41AA-9615-BD4B814BCA12.png
1B0EDCFA-0630-4ED5-96EC-294F3A7D3900.png
B64F942E-79A3-4381-A885-BE63B214FDDC.png
Not Mine
Crappy FB ad.
Is the price realistic? Sorry if it’s already been discussed.

Looks like a beautiful car until I saw the price. Honestly I don’t know if it’s a realistic price or not. It’s definitely out of my league.

Unless there is some kind of a really special history on this car, the seller is dreaming and dreaming big.

Dave

I found it listed on a google search again. Says he just turned down an offer from Jay Leno?

0651D9CC-52A6-4211-B42B-B1D58EE293C5.png

And LOTZ of LSD ........................................................................

Not what it claims to be, has been discussed a lot on facebook.
Let me guess.
Not the original color.
Interior looks trashed.
Crappy pics for a $225k ask.
First his dad bought it new then says a car mag bought it new for road testing.

Let me start with the nitpicking....
Heater is disconnected, no hoses going to the heater box.
What the hell is that POS in between the front seats.... homemade console?
Look how the top fits above the drivers window....
Top doesn't meet the header on the windshield properly... is that duct tape holding the top down?
Interior doesn't look stock to me...
Corvette crossed flags on the fenders?

Anyone want to add?

$250k? :rofl: Turned down Jay Leno?:rofl::rofl:

Wow........6.8 quarter mile back in 1960 huh? Must have been the posi that helped those skinny bias ply tires off the line that quick. I don't believe any of it. Nice car though.

There is a lot suspect about that car for sure.

Here is one that is available for a lot less, though none of these are inexpensive, because they are pretty rare and desirable - but it has been for sale for a long time too..................

1961 Dodge Polara Convertible For Sale | AutaBuy.com

This one looks much more original although the engine color is not original (should be silver or black) nor is the carburetor obviously and some other details are not correct, but much more original than the yellow one above:

1961 Polara Convertible.jpg

'61 Dodge should have had a 383 cross ram setup on everything but the factory racers, 413 was not offered on street Dodges until '62. Even if he did manage to somehow get a 413 in a '61 Dodge, the horsepower ratings are wrong. 413 cross rams rated at 385 hp for the '62 Dodge with similar number for the factory racers. The late '62 stage motor was up to 420hp but not with cross rams and not in a Polara. The original owner was Anthony Boccaccio of FL and I suspect he built this car as his plaything and spun a story to match. Would be curious if the original paperwork for the sale to Mr Boccaccio still exists as that could help clear up the confusion surrounding this car as would copies of the certified quarter mile time. I suspect both the car and the story are bogus. If you google '61 Dodge D500x some older photos of the car come up on the www.oldcarandtruckpictures.com website so the story has been around for awhile. I mark this car and story likely B.S.

Dave

Please elaborate. . .

If Jay Leno offered me anything for that I would have sold it.

Look, if you've got the "stones" to ask that kind of coin for that car, it better look like it's already been run through Jay Leno's Garage.

Not This!

Let me start with the nitpicking....
Heater is disconnected, no hoses going to the heater box.
What the hell is that POS in between the front seats.... homemade console?
Look how the top fits above the drivers window....
Top doesn't meet the header on the windshield properly... is that duct tape holding the top down?
Interior doesn't look stock to me...
Corvette crossed flags on the fenders?

Anyone want to add?

$250k? :rofl: Turned down Jay Leno?:rofl::rofl:

The crossed flags look like D500 emblems. Not sure if they belong there or not given the shitstorm this Bowtie Bozo is spewing. Car could easily be a more pedestrian 318 Poly car with an engine swap.

If it is a genuine car the condition is a long way south of $225K. That's approaching fresh from the concours restoration shop territory.

Kevin

I knew the 6.8 Quarter mile claim had to be bogus so I checked a little bit. Turns out Garlitz was the first to break 200 mph in 1964 and it still took 7.7 seconds with his Swamp Rat VI. He was pushing 2000 HP too not 475 like Mr. Bozo. Maybe he meant 16.8. That would be more believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back