NOT MINE 1961 polara pursuit.....NOT CHEAP!!

69monaco

Reaction score

1671138015171.png

He posted on one of the Police Car Facebook pages, got flamed for two hours, then deleted the ad. Don't know where he got that price.

I say power to him…I hope he sells it. Why not? Nobody on the Cop board is going to buy it. Likely nobody here is going to buy it, even if it were $65K cheaper…

There's a 61 Polara that's been on ebay a few times - white 4dr, decent survivor condition, with factory crossrams.
I would say both cars are in teh same league of historical interest and should command a similar price?

The white has not been able to hit the ~30k range. It's been FS long enough that older listings don't show up on ebay.

1961 Dodge Polara high line | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

"speedometer was "zeroed", heh I think that is still a crime on the law books, I think Federally too.
I'm surprised they admitted to that.

There's a 61 Polara that's been on ebay a few times - white 4dr, decent survivor condition, with factory crossrams.
I would say both cars are in teh same league of historical interest and should command a similar price?

The white has not been able to hit the ~30k range. It's been FS long enough that older listings don't show up on ebay.

1961 Dodge Polara high line | eBay

View attachment 572301
View attachment 572302
This is a friend‘s car and it is in incredible condition.

Yeah, I saw that and thought the same thing - odometer tampering.
I think they admitted to it because they think it ads to the mystique of the car.

This is a friend‘s car and it is in incredible condition.
I wondered if anyone here knew the seller, he generally has some nice off-the-beaten-track mopar stuff for sale.

I'd say it's a car that everyone agrees on its historical significance, its rarity, its value - but nobody will come forward with their money to be the next person to own it.

I find the story interesting as I have a friend that lives in Calistoga and is retired CHP that also has a fully restored 61 Polara CHP car.

Alan

I wondered if anyone here knew the seller, he generally has some nice off-the-beaten-track mopar stuff for sale.

I'd say it's a car that everyone agrees on its historical significance, its rarity, its value - but nobody will come forward with their money to be the next person to own it.
Yep, I’ve bought several things from him.

My 63 had an inline filter factory installed in one cooler line. Resembled an inline fuel filter, but had flared fittings and larger. FWIW Lindsay

"An independent transmission filter," I wonder what that looks like?

A circular cannister in line on the cooler line to the radiator about the diameter of an oil filter.
The 61Polara cross ram is very cool, imagine that with some proper upgrades including a/c and cruise control.

Last edited:
If the car was completely restored the odometer can legally be reset to zero. You must be able to completely document it though.

I think along the lines of @traintech55 .. i'd add that for older cars (over 10-15 years old, something like that) they are "exempt" from DISCLOSURE laws. If not exempt due to age or some other reason, you MUST disclose if odo is NOT accurate.

Moral of story would be, I think, that the authorities (Feds) DO NOT want odo tampered with (for the purposes of misleading value of car) on ANY age car, REQUIRE disclosure on "newer" stuff (damage/theft repair, warranty replacements, etc.).

They (feds) do NOT require disclosure on "older" cars, so "caveat emptor" (as we all know as collectors) on the "older" stuff. All our spidey senses tingle when mileage and vehicle condition don't align.

May vary by state too I would guess too ...

I think along the lines of @traintech55 .. i'd add that for older cars (over 10-15 years old, something like that) they are "exempt" from DISCLOSURE laws. If not exempt due to age or some other reason, you MUST disclose if odo is NOT accurate.

Moral of story would be, I think, that the authorities (Feds) DO NOT want odo tampered with (for the purposes of misleading value of car) on ANY age car, REQUIRE disclosure on "newer" stuff (damage/theft repair, warranty replacements, etc.).

They (feds) do NOT require disclosure on "older" cars, so "caveat emptor" (as we all know as collectors) on the "older" stuff. All our spidey senses tingle when mileage and vehicle condition don't align.

May vary by state too I would guess too ...
Well that's funny as it appears they have changed the law. I was just looking through our lack of news sites for something that involved the SWAT team and Bearcat that happened in my city that I have found no mention in any news reports and I only knew about it through a live SnapChat reporting video. Anyways while I was looking for that I came across my bookmark for a odometer tampering case here in Central Florida in the past couple of years and had a refresher read.

Just a couple of flashcards.

12-20-22.That is alarming Odometer rollbacks are on the rise in Central Florida.01.www.wftv.com.jpg

12-20-22.That is alarming Odometer rollbacks are on the rise in Central Florida.02.www.wftv.com.jpg

I take it with the increased population and number of vehicles is that the Government just doesn't have the resources to keep up with it.
The digital odometers can be spun back easier than the mechanical ones.

Back