For Sale 1962 Chrysler convertible I went to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all. I went to have a look at this closing estate here in Ontario out side of Toronto, and I thought I should share with you to help the lady find a good home.
Looks like it has been parked in barn for quite a while, complete for what I know.
the owner had started some front wheel work before he passed away so it has one wheel off. Racoons or such have had there way with some of the interior but it is there. I am posting the pictures I have and if interested I will pass on the owners name and number.
She has had to clear over two hundred cars from the farm and it is still full of parts.
I hope it finds a good home.

IMG_9930.JPG

IMG_9931.JPG

IMG_9933.JPG

IMG_9932.JPG

IMG_9934.JPG

IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9937.JPG

IMG_9938.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG

Looks like a "Newport" model. Maybe the hungry racoon (looking at chunks missing from the dash pad) is inside the trunk). My '59 Imperial had a family of racoons inside. They did not chew on the dash but did chew on the auto high beam dimmer and took chunks out of the brake pedal, also destroyed the interior.

Looks like a "Newport" model. Maybe the hungry racoon (looking at chunks missing from the dash pad) is inside the trunk). My '59 Imperial had a family of racoons inside. They did not chew on the dash but did chew on the auto high beam dimmer and took chunks out of the brake pedal, also destroyed the interior.
I don't think this is as bad as it looks, a lot of insulation debris falling from rafters above. The guard Zebra might have helped keep critters away.

Looks like a car that's worth saving.

I think the problem that she may run into is every day there are less people looking to take on this type of project, even though prices for finished cars keep rising.

Jeff

I think the problem that she may run into is every day there are less people looking to take on this type of project, even though prices for finished cars keep rising.

Jeff
Yes, but I think this is cheap.

Jeff
My gut tells me this one would look to be far better than its initial appearance, after a washing and decluttering. The interior will probably look worse, but I suspect the body will be quite surprising.

I love this one! BUT, I need a driver FIRST. That, and Toronto is a fur piece from Toostoned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back