1962 Chrysler ID?

Davis Canada

Reaction score
P19780191001.jpg

I know there is not a lot to go on. But it is the only pic I have so far. The officer on the far right in the photo is Cal BYAM, He was sadly killed on duty in 1964. I am trying to ID this car.

I have heard it could be an enforcer, but it also looks like a New Yorker or a Saratoga.

Hoping someone on here could tell me the differences, and what this probably is.

Thanks, my goal would be to find one to restore or even a body to make into a static monument outside our police station. I can't find and city records yet on make, model or serial number on this car yet.

Thanks

Your local news paper or a Library might have their old issues on microfilm. You could try to find a better photo of the car in some story related to police business in the correct year time frame. You have a start, unit is #10. You could get lucky and find the car in the departed officers funeral procession as the local papers would be sure to have covered this story.

Dave

It looks like a '61 Dodge Seneca to me. Notice the high piece of chrome between the hips of the two officers behind the bike. It is sloping downward as the rear wing of the '61 Dodges did. The Chryslers were much flatter in the rear as were the Plymouth. Also below the number 10 there is a body line, barely visible on the front fender, just ahead of the door. My '61 Dodge had that.
maxresdefault.jpg

1961-dodge-seneca-dart-1.jpg

1owKpCXyGz.jpg

Here's a '62 Chrysler
Chrysler+Newport+62_2.jpg

002.jpg

Back