1962 Chrysler Newport Coupe in New Zealand

Jesse James

Reaction score
Hi everybody....Jesse here,,,I am in New Zealand and there are NO PARTS for these great cars.
20171201_194516.jpg
I am looking for rocker panel trim and stone guards and fender skirts
can anyone help or suggest where I can get them please.
Thanks
Jesse

Try Big M Automotive in California. John there might well have the rocker moldings and stone guards. You really don't want fender skirts on such a nice car. They would ruin its looks by looking trashy customized. The factory didn't use them for good reasons.

Big M Automotive

why ruin perfection...........................

That is one beautiful Newport! And Steve is right, forget the skirts, they just look cheap, like something you found in the J C Whitney catalog.

Yep, I wouldn’t change a thing!:thumbsup:

You really don't want fender skirts on such a nice car. They would ruin its looks by looking trashy customized. The factory didn't use them for good reasons.
I agree 100% with those comments. Neither my '59 Imperial Coupe nor '66 Toronado nor '62 Chrysler 300 convert. has fender skirts. Let the lines of the car lead the way to your decisions. Below is my 300, three pedal car.

100_0390.JPG

Fender skirts belong on cars that came with them from the factory, such as '65-6 Chryslers, '55-'57 T-Birds, and a few others. Please don't put them on your beautiful car!

I agree, skirts look great on cars that come with them. Not so much if it wasn't a factory option.

People often put them on '57 Fords and Chevys; seriously makes me want to puke!

Back