1962 Chrysler Newport four door sedan

AngelCalderon

Reaction score
I have a 1962 Chrysler newport four door sedan that I have been slowing restoring for the past 4 year's. This is my first classic car and I am a beginner but on the bright side I am mechanically inclined and I've worked at a couple body shops and learned a decent amount. I have to repair the floor on the driver and passanger side near the frame bolt's and I am going to repair it. I was wondering how to get the body off of the frame thank you.

BC9576D3-D935-4C99-BD69-60E4329B25E8.jpeg

99FEF7A7-304A-415A-9F55-B464BF43149F.jpeg

FA1E3B76-F15B-4C17-8D76-C65D9D9EBE04.jpeg

I think you would have to remove the engine, transmission, front suspension, and basically the whole front of the car to remove this frame.

On the OTHER side of the situation, do you already have some replacement panels already lined-up? From a vendor or a donor car? Or were you going to fab some up?

Whatever you replace them with, be sure to use quality sealer to put them in with. You might use some of the same adhesive they use to glue-on roof panels on many current production vehicles, augmented by some pop rivets or similar to keep it all positioned correctly. Then, after it all cures, cover it with spray-on body undercoat. to look nice, inside and out.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I was going to fab something up myself, but just to be clear I just want to jack the body up enough to get underneath for the repair or do you guys suggest I just do it from the top?My plan is to remove all the rot , section in a piece of sheet metal then use metal bonding adhesive and then por15 and then seam sealer then primer and undercoating.Thank you so much

I have to do the exact same repair on a 61 Belvedere.
My plans are to cut out affected areas around subframe bolt hole and replace with solid piece from parts car.
I don’t believe any sub frame removal will be required. Will post results when I’m done.
Will be using a mig welder from the top.
I’ve heard good things about the metal adhesive
but, I’m not sure if at a sub frame body bolt area
would hold up? Lots of pressure on a body bolt area!

9842F81A-CC3B-4D91-ACE5-0EEA3787B1C0.jpeg

015EC34C-EFD7-4E36-BBC8-9B0BBC5361DF.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 1962 Chrysler newport four door sedan that I have been slowing restoring for the past 4 year's. This is my first classic car and I am a beginner but on the bright side I am mechanically inclined and I've worked at a couple body shops and learned a decent amount. I have to repair the floor on the driver and passanger side near the frame bolt's and I am going to repair it. I was wondering how to get the body off of the frame thank you.

View attachment 560736

View attachment 560737

View attachment 560738
Do you still have any trim left on this car. I'm late to the party. Looking for the trim around the rear license plate and small spears on the front fenders

Back