For Sale 1962 Dodge 440 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I saw this on my way home last Saturday.
It's a 1962 Dodge 440 sedan. An original one lady owner. The poly 318 engine is stuck and disassembled. It's a really solid original paint car. Nice chrome and trim, decent interior, all good glass.
Fellow wants $2K for it. It's located in Talladega Ala. Owners manual and warrenty book show it was delivered new in Birmingham Ala.

Heck of a deal, I'd say. Call Ricky. 256-223-0707. Says he will deliver.

DSC05731.JPG

DSC05732.JPG

DSC05734.JPG

DSC05735.JPG

DSC05737.JPG

DSC05738.JPG

DSC05741.JPG

DSC05739.JPG

DSC05740.JPG

DSC05736.JPG

The entire dash assembly looks to be in mighty fine shape. If I wasn't throwing hundreds at my stroker build, I'd consider this, although I don't know SQUAT about the poly engine.

P.S.-Before someone else says it: hose...

Hope it don't become a parts car. Even with 4 doors it is a one year only model that has survived 60 years. Just needs the right owner for it.

Hope it don't become a parts car. Even with 4 doors it is a one year only model that has survived 60 years. Just needs the right owner for it.

Agree. Anyone with a 62 or later poly to swap into it would have a great and unusual cruise night driver. One could likely even swap a BB into it. Would require a 62-65 cable shift trans though.

The odometer showed just over 50K, probably first time there from the looks of it.
The car sat for a long time in a shed and the engine locked. I was not happy to see the engine in the condition it's in but it's all there. The guy who has it said he is a chevy guy. He took it apart to see if he could get it going and just gave up, said he doesn't know anything about Mopars. could be the engine could be freed up and put back together. Those poly 318's were tough to hurt.

must have sat for a long time judging by the alf air freshener. i like it, you wouldn't see yourself coming the other way in one of these.

I bet you that black paint would buff out real nice too. Looks like the hood may need a repaint but everything else looks sharp. Looks to need front seat reupholstery. That would certainly be an unusual cruiser. I like it a lot.

Last on the road in 1993. I would be very curious to know what happened to the motor with only 50,000 miles on it.

No. No. No. This is what that poly needs:

View attachment 373772

I wasn't particularly advocating an LA, just that if you had one in the corner, which more people do than have polys ready to go, you could have it self propelled again in a weekend.

I would love to put a 4.25 stroker in the poly in our wagon with a 2x4 on it.
It would need some serious cylinder head work to take advantage but I think a 429 Poly would be a hoot.

Kevin

I called on it, I'm very interested in this! The 318 is stuck. I just think the '62 was such an ugly car, and that makes it cool as can be, in my eye. We'll see what happens! My thought would be to hit a local cruise night, dressed like Culpepper with his fedora, and a rotating beacon on the dash. Fun times!

Plus I can get a free, running '65 318A that a buddy just pulled.

Biggest thing is, does it have a title? Those poly engines are sweet!

The car is in Alabama. No titles are issued to 72 and previous vehicles here. A trip to the DMV to transfer only requires a BOS here. The seller is a vintage car savvy guy and will be able to steer one through the simple process. Once registered in your name it can be transferred to your home state who will, if necessary, issue a title. This needs to be done before the car leaves the state as sometimes a inspection is required.

This old Dodge needs some love. And I'm sure it will reward anyone who shows it.
Running and cleaned up it will double in value.

[QUOTE="75LandYacht, Last on the road in 1993. I would be very curious to know what happened to the motor with only 50,000 miles on it.[/QUOTE]

It gets pretty darn humid down here at times. Just setting in a shed for years as it has is probably the reason it's stuck. Likely it will free up with a little effort, if so.... It will run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back