1962 Imperial Crown - Brake Master Cylinder Help

Jalopy Papi

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought my first Imperial. I got the engine running smoothly, but I have no brakes. Seems the problem is the master/booster. Can't seem to find it on the usual shops (RockAuto, Classic Industries, Summit, O'Reilly). I've been through some of the sources listed on imperialclub.com but haven't hit on a master yet. Any suggestions on where I can find a master/booster? Should I try to rebuild? Is there a good source for rebuild kits? Thanks in advance for any help!

IMP_1962.jpeg

Well sir, I believe you're in luck. I have a single pot master cylinder that I pulled off of my 1966 Chrysler when I switched to disks. It's a rebuilt unit that was in use for no more than a year. You can have it for $free.99. I'll be in North Scottsdale tomorrow afternoon if you want to meet up.

JalopiPapi,
Thanks to 65Sporty's alert --- I am responding to you now....
I can't delete any of those conversations just yet --- because they are still
" in the works / in motion "....

MetalManiac is my namesake Craig --- and a Great Guy --- who lives near you,
It appears....

If everything works out for FREE !!! , then you are good to go....
And, if you need or want me, I will have room in my box shortly....

I would happily leave my phone number right here for you, but as per forum rules, we can't do that any more.....

Yours, Craig.....

Yep, no matter what you decide, keep "East Coast Craig" @mobileparts info handy, especially since you have an Imperial. He has things you won't see anywhere else. He's a nice guy too, as long as you're not a fan of Aaron Rodgers. Haha!

SHARON Rogers.....and her gang of Fudge Packers... SKOL VIKINGS !!!
(Hi, Craig....)

You guys are great! thanks so much. I've contacted arizona craig, and we're meeting up. It's the community, like you guys that makes keeping this cars on the road possible.

Back