1963-64 rear axel

Glider

Reaction score
I wonder if someone who has a 63-64 Chrysler could tell me the messurements center-to-center for the spring perchers? I can't find any numbers in any list of those years.

Aha thanx, the reason I wonder is because a 63-64 axel might fit on a 55-56 and get parking barke in the drums.
If you have a "lip" on the tape you can hang it on the outer side of the spring / blade hardest to reach & then messure to the inside of the one you're near, that'll make the same as holding the tape in the middle. I'd be real happy if you or anyone else tried that. ;)

It likely will fit.
A better idea is a 66- later axle with the slide on drums.
I replaced the axle with the tapered hubs on my 61 Fury with a axle from a 68 Chrysler Newport. 1 5/8 total difference in width made for a direct fit. All else bolted up and it has the same ratio. My car has the e-brake on the rear of the trans so I never ran the cables and hwd for the rear drum e-brakes, But I could..!
Can throw that pesky hub puller away now.

I'm getting an axel that fits now, it has the same perch distance as my -56 and(!) e-brake in the drums (+ flanged axels), I need that cuz some ex owner has put in modern engine & trans so the trans brake is gone.
I sure wonder what vehicle that axel comes from thou, can't find it in any lists...

Back