1963 Chrysler San Franciscan

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
About 20 years ago a freind mine who tows cars in for a scrap yard came across a 63 Chrysler New Yorker 413 in Lake County California. What was different about this one was the New Yorker emblems were replaced by correct fitting die cast emblems that said San Franciscan.
I talked him out of selling it off for demo derby and found a buyer for the car,
The new owner had got the car road worthy and had resold it about a year later.
It was the new owners belief (and mine) that the emblems were dealer installed by a San Francisco dealership because selling San Franciscan name on the west coast would be easier than New Yorker name? I have no pics of the car,but saw the emblems myself and they were well fitting with all pins in place. If I remember right the car was green.
Just wondering if anybody here has has heard of such a New Yorker renamed with these badges?

Last edited:
View attachment 402087 About 20 years ago a freind mine who tows cars in for a scrap yard came across a 63 Chrysler New Yorker 413 in Lake County California. What was different about this one was the New Yorker emblems were replaced by correct fitting die cast emblems that said San Franciscan.
I talked him out of selling it off for demo derby and found a buyer for the car,
The new owner had got the car road worthy and had resold it about a year later.
It was the new owners belief (and mine) that the emblems were dealer installed by a San Francisco dealership because selling San Franciscan name on the west coast would be easier than New Yorker name? I have no pics of the car,but saw the emblems myself and they were well fitting with all pins in place. If I remember right the car was green.
Just wondering if anybody here has has heard of such a New Yorker renamed with these badges?
If Matin Swig were still with us he’d probably know. Do you have any pics?

I know there were more "regional special editions" in the 50's, and wouldn't be surprised if they were still around in '63. Would love to see that...……

Back