1964 1965 Polara Sport Fury Coronet 500 4-speed floor console

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Reaction score
Contact seller
image.jpgimage.jpg

Came out of 1964 Polara. Send me a pm if your interested and I'll send you my phone number.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Every time I upload a picture from the iPad it flips it upside down. Very frustrating, but you get the idea.

Every time I upload a picture from the iPad it flips it upside down. Very frustrating, but you get the idea.

someone else using a new photo device that has trouble with loading photos.................sound familiar Ross

The console body you have there is the same for 4 speed or auto. The difference is the top plate. 4 speed top plates for Polara,Coronet,etc that is "ribbed" are reproduced. The "woodgrain" top plate appeared ONLY on 65 Sport Fury or Chrysler 300 or 300L. It is being reproduced in "fiberglass". Pretty good repro. I bought 2 at $65.
The "flat satin" finish top plates appeared on 65 Dodge Monaco's only as far as I know
The "woodgrain" original metal top plates have a bad habit of breaking at the top of the tach opening.
They are absolutely impossible to find!
New applications seem to pop up occasionally. It would be nice if others, more knowledgable than me, could share any info.
Tom

Still have this thing. I think I might have scared off potential buyers. I'm not looking to get much for this thing. I just want it gone. But I want it to end up with someone who can use it. Make me an offer...I'll probably take it.

Hi, do you have the 4 speed top plate of this console?

Thanks,

Tom Denkler

I think that this is a 64 console as it has the smaller courtesy lights. My 65 Sport Fury was a 4sp and had the larger recessed lenses. My c body had the smooth plate. Never could get a clear explanation as to why some had smooth tops and some have the "ridges" on them. I have seen both styles on b and c bodies. I do have the top plates that Tom refers to. Thanks, Bob

Hi. I'm Joe in Canada. I own a 65 sports fury 4 speed. I am interested in your console if you still have it. Thanks, Joe

Hi. I'm Joe in Canada. I own a 65 sports fury 4 speed. I am interested in your console if you still have it. Thanks, Joe

I don't have the console, the first post has it. I do have the console tops for the 4sp in fiberglass that Tom Denkler refers too. Thanks, Bob

Can you upload pics of both top plates. I will try to do it too. That way, we can see what we are talking about.
To review, these are 64-65 b and c body consoles.
64-65 b body AND Polaras used "ribbed" top plate, auto or 4 speed.
64 C body used "smooth" top plate.
65 Monaco's used smooth and had console extension to rear seat. Only Monaco's had this.
65 Fury had smooth top auto or 4 speed.
65 Sport Fury and 65 Chrysler 300 and 300 L had both smooth and woodgrain on automatics, but "woodgrain" only on 4 speeds. The 300 L console may also have been slightly longer,too!. Never proved that though!
The "woodgrain" 4 speed top plate is an "applique" only, sticks on console. Cannot find 4 speed woodgrain top plates anywhere.
Ebay seller "74GTX" has repro'd fiberglass 4 speed woodgrain top plate which is an excellent repro. Looks,fits exact, just isn't made of metal.
He was selling for $65. I bough2. excellent buy, in my opinion
Thanks,
Tom Denkler

Tom---You asked me awhile back about making the console lids and "knee" pads for those console too. The mold is almost done and I will try to post a pic of both here pretty soon. These will be all new, with metal mounting plates, new fiberglass base and new foam wrapped by vinyl. I have a new website too. www.ABCMoparts.com Thanks, Bob

hello, I have a 1965 sport fury 426 4 speed car that is missing ALOT, car is currently listed on ebay, IF car does NOT sell, I will start gathering parts, and would be interested. thanks send me a number or here is mine 1 501 258 6362 leave a message , no texts thanks willie

The same console was used in 65 Satellite & Coronet 500's. I wished I needed it.... looks to be in pretty good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back