1964 Chrysler 300k torsion bars

Reaction score
Everywhere I've looked all mopars torsion bar adjustment bolts are located at the front on the car on the Lower control arm. However on my 300k the adjustment bolt is located to the rear of the torsion bar about below the front seats much like a Silverados suspension. Has anyone seen this before on an old mopar??

Btw I'm looking for some larger diameter bars and would like to know if any 41" mopar bars would work. Any help would be great!

Not sure what you're seeing back there. Not aware of the 300K suspension being any different than that of a normal 300 or other Chrysler. For a great source of 300 Letter car information, check www.jhost.net. Parts books back to the middle '50s, service information specific to 300 letter cars, etc. The illustrated view of the front suspension might be helpful, in the parts books?

Pictures?

ALL of the Chevy light-duty pickup truck torsion bar suspensions, starting in their first use in 1962, on some models, is different in that the front of the bars are not located at the lower control arm pivot points, but outboard of it. Otherwise, it would need a licensing agreement from Chrysler to use their specific design, fwiw. Torsion bars were more expensive than coil springs and leaf springs, so bars were only on the '62 and '63 models, back then.

CBODY67

Everywhere I've looked all mopars torsion bar adjustment bolts are located at the front on the car on the Lower control arm. However on my 300k the adjustment bolt is located to the rear of the torsion bar about below the front seats much like a Silverados suspension. Has anyone seen this before on an old mopar??

Btw I'm looking for some larger diameter bars and would like to know if any 41" mopar bars would work. Any help would be great!
Yep, that's the way the older torsion bar adjustment is in the big cars. I think they changed it in 1965 to the same style that the B-bodies had, but I could be wrong.

If you don't have them, download the service and parts manuals here: MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance.

So hard to find compatible suspension parts from other mopars. Ugh frustrating.

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance.

So hard to find compatible suspension parts from other mopars. Ugh frustrating.
Hi! I see this old thread, i have a Chrysler 300 non letter series 1964 and the torsion adjustment is on the rear cross member(see picture). I wondering if you have been able to find parts for this? Im thinking the torsion bar itself and maybe you sometime going to need the adjusting bolt or the swiwel if the threads strips or something. Anyway parts seems to be hard to find, greatful for some tip where to find!
20200222_090618.jpg

Unless a torsion bar breaks, for some odd reason, they shouldn't ever need replacing. PST has a bunch not sure about your model though.

I have found the adjusting bolts, seats and swivels on ebay. Torsion bars will probably have to come off parts car.

Back