1964 Chrysler vent door actuator

stain

Reaction score
I believe the blend door vacuum actuator on my 64 Newport has taken a dump. I can't seem to find any re-pops of these. Are they available anywhere?

The ‘64 parts book shows different part numbers for ac and non ac and actually different part numbers for non ac depending on which model heater you have.

No a/c. I will pull the actuator and see what model it may be.
Are there re-pops for these?

No a/c. I will pull the actuator and see what model it may be.
Are there re-pops for these?
I doubt that repops are available, if they are similar to the 67-70+ actuators.
The ones that I have looked at aren’t marked with a part number. The factory parts book will list the part number and with your existing part, you should be able to identify a matching part from the pictures that sellers post on their ads.

However, I found NOS actuators for my 69 Fury III vert on EBay.

Your actuator may be repairable.
I took one off my Fury and disassembled it. I had to cut the housing with a dremel tool, but didn’t get it reassembed properly and had an NOS unit coming, so I quit fiddling with it.

I doubt that repops are available, if they are similar to the 67-70+ actuators.
The ones that I have looked at aren’t marked with a part number. The factory parts book will list the part number and with your existing part, you should be able to identify a matching part from the pictures that sellers post on their ads.
Agree. Need that part # from detmatt. Then ebay adventure. I looked on Hemmings classifieds but found almost nothing for Chrysler in their classifieds. HVAC Service and parts were slim to none.

Maybe someone who rebuilds Carb choke pull offs can do a Heater/vent door actuator.

1662939968290.jpeg

Disassembled the actuator and found the problem. Now an attempt to fix it with some RTV.
will keep updated

That sure looks repairable to me. When the diaphragm on my speed servo took a dump I had great succes with a bicycle tire repair kit. Might want to give that a try if the rtv doesn't hold.

So I used this old set side cutters to open the actuator. I have had them forever and don't even know where I got them.
1663105857593.jpeg

1663106357768.jpeg

Sealed the diaphragm with some RTV and let sit overnight. I also thought about some rubber vulcanizing glue, but the RTV filled the gap nicely.
1663106030751.jpeg

Scotch brite the shaft and lubed all moving points with Syl-Glyde.
1663106074516.jpeg

assemble and bench test with a mity-vac
1663106126392.jpeg

Finish dollying the lip down and whizzer wheel the burrs off. It didn't come out as nice as I would have hoped but I didn't want to keep working the thin metal and ruining it.
1663106270510.jpeg

SUCCESS!!! Installed and working as it should.

1663105905759.jpeg

So I used this old set side cutters to open the actuator. I have had them forever and don't even know where I got them.
View attachment 557865
View attachment 557873
Sealed the diaphragm with some RTV and let sit overnight. I also thought about some rubber vulcanizing glue, but the RTV filled the gap nicely.
View attachment 557868
View attachment 557869
View attachment 557870
Finish dollying the lip down and whizzer wheel the burrs off. It didn't come out as nice as I would have hoped but I didn't want to keep working the thin metal and ruining it.
View attachment 557871

View attachment 557866
Great work!

View attachment 557865
View attachment 557873
View attachment 557868
View attachment 557869
View attachment 557870
View attachment 557871

View attachment 557866
Excellent! Great craftsmanship

Nice Work ! I am glad I saved all my old actuators and Choke pull-offs.

Back