1964 Imperial Auto Pilot linkage

64Imperial

Reaction score
Hey I'm adding auto pilot to my 64 imperial, and I think I'm missing some of the linkage.

I'm also not sure how the linkage should be setup and I can't find a great diagram that shows exactly where everything goes and goes through.

Does anyone have any photos of the linkage and how it is set up?

Thank you in advance!

Hey I'm adding auto pilot to my 64 imperial, and I think I'm missing some of the linkage.

I'm also not sure how the linkage should be setup and I can't find a great diagram that shows exactly where everything goes and goes through.

Does anyone have any photos of the linkage and how it is set up?

Thank you in advance!
Ask here for what it liiks like and once you know, post a wanted thread.

Here is a picture of the complete system from the 1964 Parts Catalogue. This should allow you to compare what you have and determine what's missing.
1964 CHRYSLER AUTOPILOT.jpg

The linkage comes off the gas pedal, which pokes through the firewall. That part of the gas pedal will have a rubber seal. You MUST have the gas pedal for Autopilot - it's different that a non-Autopilot car because of the little extra arm and seal. If you don't have it, go get it. In addition, it's likely that the hole in the firewall is different too, so you'll need to make a template of the donor car's firewall hole to cut your firewall.

There is a ball stud which bolts to the part of the gas pedal that pokes through the firewall, to which the linkage part connects with a special clip. You can see those two parts to the left of the big black bracket in the picture. The linkage rod and link above it are adjustable where the rod and link go together - there's a stud on the rod that goes into a slot on the link, which itself connects to the Autopilot servo mechanism.

Keep in mind that the parts in the picture are for reference only, and there may be small variances between Imperial and Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth.

Here are the part numbers as listed in the parts catalogue. As you may notice, the part number for the gas pedal lever is different for cars with Autopilot (Section 14-01-16):

1964 CHRYSLER Autopilot Part Numbers-1.jpg
1964 CHRYSLER Autopilot Part Numbers-2.jpg

OK, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back