SOLD 1964 lincoln continental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Colorado car.
Zero rust And I mean zero rust.
paint is patinaed.
I had a car cover on it for a few winters and it has cracked the top paint a little.
Interior is decent. White. Needs a new package tray.
Runs fine. I've driven it to Denver a few times.
Mileage is 99600. I plan on a rebuild when it hits the roll over.
Original maroon car.
Original state senator car.
Never had any collision or damage.
Hood was replaced as it had some hail damage.
Fuel sending unit has been replaced.
Carburetor has been rebuilt.
New fuel pump.
New fuel lines.
430 motor with automatic transmission. Original drive train.
Has the flag holders. I drive it in an occasional parade.
rear window switch's that don't work. I can give you the info to where you can get most anything for this car or have anything rebuilt by them.
titled and registered.
It's been in the family for over 25 years. I just don't have the time to give it the love it deserves.
The car has had one repaint. It had some hail damage. Only damage it's ever had.
All trim on car is presentable. Some do have hail dents. I have a complete set of perfect trim but would cost as much as I paid for it 1500.00. No pitting whatsoever.
No mice ever.
windows are limited to switch's and I bet they need to be greased. .
the wing windows are switch related.
NO wiring issues.
The car runs good. No real issues. There is an exhaust leak on passengers side which is typical for the 430 I have been told.
Both valve cover gaskets do leak a little on the backs.
I drove it yesterday.
Brakes are in fine condition. No problem stopping.
All drums.
this car has only had some freshening up in it's life. One simple repaint. One upholstery job.
Otherwise, very original. Still has original rubber lines in the engine bay.
I have replaced the generator with an alternator.
Pretty difficult to find a more original version for this price.
I've been looking at prices for these cars and this is under priced.
I'm doing some more work to it just to tidey up a few things.

Price is firm.
Not interested in trades with exception of a few 67-74 mopars. dodge plymouth chrysler

a few pics for posterity.

100_7666.jpg

100_7673.jpg

If you like Lincolns, the color combo is nice, but this car's condition does not warrant $12,500 firm. Give me an Impreial of the same vintage.

Please find me one to compare to. Would gladly reconsider with cash in my face.
The money from this goes into a mopar so I agree with the imperial statement.

If you like Lincolns, the color combo is nice, but this car's condition does not warrant $12,500 firm. Give me an Impreial of the same vintage.

This is the one old car other than a Mopar, that I would love to own. I've been looking at them for twenty years now. I wish I could have bought the one that snared me. A '63 in silver with red leather and 60,000 miles. I couldn't pony up the 6500$ when I was 19 years old. I think this car is a bargain. As cuda hunter says - find one even remotely comparable. Look at that interior! It's perfect! I would think an Imperial of the same vintage, in similar condition would be priced in the same neighbourhood. And if you think this one's expensive, don't look into what the convertibles go for!

I guess I am just narrow minded. That Lincoln is very nice, it just doesn't push my buttons, Chryslers are my heroin. My son just said the other day that if I could win a brand new Ford , I would sell it to buy some old Chrysler. He knows me better than I thought.

Yeah, it's hurting right now. Fella showing up Friday morning from Texas to drive it back.
I'm getting my asking price but that doesn't really help my feelings for the car much.
It's a really good car. I'll be taking it up Poncha Pass to get some pics for my final drive of the car. Sad to see it go.

way late to the dance

great car ...very hard to find in this apparent condition and happy for you that you got what you needed in a fair deal with somebody who appreciates what they bought :).

I’d rather have this car than a Caddy of the same vintage.
Course a 67 or 68 Imp ragtop would be my fav!

I'm saddened to say that it sold. But it did.
It's on it's way to Texas right now. Fella and his wife came and picked it up, driving it down there.

20200514_192423.jpg

20200514_192510.jpg

20200514_194242.jpg

20200514_195222.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back