SOLD 1965 C-Body Tilt Steering Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar6672

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1965 C-Body Tilt Steering Column removed from a Plymouth Fury. It is from a column shift vehicle but with a little ingenuity it could be modified for a floor shift car. It is likely unique to 1965 because I believe a tilt and telescoping design started to be used in 1966. If interested, I will pull it down from my rafters and post some photos. Thank You.

I am interested, would like to see if it could be made to work in my 66. Pictures please.

I've attached several pictures. I original bought this in Carlisle for my 1966 Sport Fury convertible but I sold the car last year so I never got around to refinishing and modifying it for the car. Let me know what you think. The tilt works fine and the steering wheel it had was the 3 spoke design used for Sport Fury's.

Tilt 1.JPG

Tilt 2.JPG

Tilt 3.JPG

Tilt 4.JPG

Tilt 5.JPG

Tilt 6.JPG

I've attached several pictures. I original bought this in Carlisle for my 1966 Sport Fury convertible but I sold the car last year so I never got around to refinishing and modifying it for the car. Let me know what you think. The tilt works fine and the steering wheel it had was the 3 spoke design used for Sport Fury's.
PM sent.

In 1965 Chrysler switched over from the 64 and earlier pushbutton set up to the industry standardized transmission selectors. Chrysler adapted a column shift set up to the cable selector transmissions from the 64 earlier cars making the 65 columns a one year only thing. In 1966 they went to the rod linkage shifters. Nobody wants 65 transmission stuff except the people who own 65's :steering:(and the guys wanting to sell rare cables and stuff to guys who own 65's). From your pictures it looks like it has the two (Shifter and Park) cables coming out of the bottom.

Hey I noticed you still had this ad up. Is the column still available?

( longtime listener to cbodiesonly first time caller)

Sorry for the delayed response. I had a family weekend.

The column is still available. How can I help?

Thank you for responding!
My 65 sport fury is a console shifted car with the console shifted a727 and 383. and I have been looking for some time now to put a tilt column in. I even see you have the cables and what appears to be the park cable cover attached too. I think I may have a lower and upper cover lined up for the inside to work with to do the conversion with.

So the big question is, how much do you want? Also I'm not too sure how to pm but if you send me one I guess I can figure it out. I can paypal etc too just let me know.

Also looking for a trunk emblem in good shape and I want to put disc brakes from a 71 or so on. So according to tech articles here, I need a pair of spindles and caliper brackets and I can get the rest. I was going to advertise a want ad but if you have a lead on any of this, I would be interested in all of this.

Oh and to be clear, I do have a 65 cable shifted 727 in this fury of mine. So yes I am one of those guys who needs 65 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back