1965 Cdn Monaco Star Headliner

Goco

Reaction score
View attachment 411193
Photo quality isn't the best, but if you look closely the headliner of this 1965 Dodge Monaco has a night sky design on the headliner and other areas like the sun visor. This is a Canadian model meaning the interior is mostly from a Plymouth Sport Fury of the same year. This is supposedly factory and the design on the visors supports that idea. Unfortunately, mice have gotten to parts of the headliner and it will need to be replaced. Has anyone seen this design before, and if so , is there any chance you can find this material for a replacement? I would be surprised if you could find this headliner again, but nerveless its a pretty interesting design. Is this a common material in other cars?
image7.jpeg

I believe it's factory and 65 Dodge Monaco Canadian ONLY... you may get lucky on the material from SMS in Oregon. Other than that, I don't know who might stock that.

I believe it's factory and 65 Dodge Monaco Canadian ONLY... you may get lucky on the material from SMS in Oregon. Other than that, I don't know who might stock that.
I'll check with SMS for sure, I just ordered some fabric samples from them recently for a different project, but I imagine ill need to contact them directly for that. Really unique design, maybe a bit tacky bit I would for sure like to find it again for it's uniqueness!

I agree that SMS is probably your only chance on getting the right material.

If that doesn't work out, most of the headliners sold come from Acme Headliner, so it becomes just a matter of figuring out the best deal from one of their vendors. They won't match it, but get some samples first.

Back