WANTED 1965 Chrysler 300 and 1965 Satellite Gas Tanks & Other Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketman426

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am needing two gas tanks for a 1965 Chrysler and one gas tank for a 1965 Plymouth Satellite. I am willing to travel and remove them myself. I also need other parts for these cars as well.
The overall length of the tank body is about 37". The width is about 27". And the straps are 12" apart (center to center). Those measurements are for the 1965 Chrysler tank which is shown in the pictures with the rusted hole in it. I don't have any pics or measurements for the Plymouth Satellite tank as the car didn't have a tank when I got the car.
If anyone knows of some parts or parts cars around please call or text me at 7zero6-8seven8-92three0. Any help would be appreciated
GT1.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT4.jpg
GT5.jpg
GT6.jpg

Have you looked at Spectra Premium reproduction tanks and senders?
Also, check your local parts store, some of them carry Spectra, as does RockAuto.com.

And dang - you got 7 likes in 8 messages!

Have you looked at Spectra Premium reproduction tanks and senders?
Also, check your local parts store, some of them carry Spectra, as does RockAuto.com.

And dang - you got 7 likes in 8 messages!

As far as I know, these tanks aren't being reproduced. You're best bet is to take the tank you have to a reputable radiator ship, have it boiled out and the rust spots repaired. Then have it lined. This is what I did with mine and it's held up just fine going on 7 years. When I got mine back from the shop, it looked like a brand new tank. Even the undercoating was removed.

Yes, I will most likely have to repair the rust hole (cut in out and weld in new metal). Then I have used Bill Hirsch gas tank sealer kit on other tanks with success. I was hoping to avoid that though. I do have a rust free solid tank from my 4spd L car, but it looks like the previous owner/original owner backed over something with it and did an excellent job of denting the bottom in quite substantially. The only way I know to fix it would be to cut the top off, hammer and dolly it flat again (even a couple of the corners are smashed), weld the top back on, then use the tank sealer.

i have a nice one from a 1968 new yorker and the straps as well... let me know if this will work and if you still need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back