For Sale 1965 Chrysler New Yorker - $5000 (Warsaw, In.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine
1965 Chrysler New Yorker
00f0f_2Hdvl0IbYS5_600x450.jpg

00u0u_i65ZFamxVS4_600x450.jpg

00c0c_5r4ZomAKRae_600x450.jpg

00p0p_h3lFzVl9MDo_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_55vEzkyExMr_600x450.jpg

00R0R_hygscz5iW0t_600x450.jpg

00W0W_7EvdkWIRudu_600x450.jpg

00q0q_gV4X7mI2n8Z_600x450.jpg

00c0c_cRYvv6Xw1aJ_600x450.jpg

00o0o_aDxPIT6KFi2_600x450.jpg

00e0e_KzXskZoHMu_600x450.jpg

00O0O_cXDhdTaU22b_600x450.jpg

413 Big Block, automatic transmission, runs & drives.
20"rims & tires, Pwr steering and brakes.
New tune up (plugs,wires,distributor cap,rotary button, points,condensor)
New mechanical fuel pump, fuel lines, sending unit.
New brake master cylinder.
New carpet inside car & inside trunk.
Dash was autographed by Gene Winfield

Asking $5000 obo
If interested you can call/text

Thanks & God Bless

The green clown noses on the wheels are a really special touch, and who who autograph this mess. About $4K overpriced.

Dave

Didn’t know Monster Energy Drink had swag drug rugs.

Why would Gene Winfield sign it when he didn't build it? I wouldn't put my name on something like this even if I did build it.

Well . . . it IS a Town Sedan, rather than a normal 4-dr, which should count for something.

Wonder what's under that sound deadener on the floorpan? Lose the wheels, to finance something more appropriate. No a/c is a $$-decreaser, though. Even with selling the non-needed items, would be hard to make it financial viable at the present time.

Many people would wonder "Gene Whooo?"

I concur, too much $$$ in its present form.

CBODY67

I know Gene Winfield built this. I had to repaint it a few years later.
anycar1.jpg

He built a lot of cars that pushed the limit as far as custom design went. He is now in his 90's and in poor health. There was a "go fund me" up last year after he fell and broke is hip.

Dave

Seems like Winfield was in Oklahoma some time back, living there and hosting an annual car show? Was there a museum involved, too? He was one of the milder customizers, compared to some, as I recall. Maybe not. I remember the Fund Me page being up a while back.

Seems like Winfield was in Oklahoma some time back, living there and hosting an annual car show? Was there a museum involved, too? He was one of the milder customizers, compared to some, as I recall. Maybe not. I remember the Fund Me page being up a while back.

I guess mild or pushing the limit is in the eye of the beholder. I would call sticking a VW inside of a Chrysler pushing it.

Dave

That air cleaner has got to go!! It's just butt-ugly.

And who paints their intake and valve covers green?? Gag me!!!

And who paints their intake and valve covers green?? Gag me!!!

Nooo, Snotty,, those valve cover are not green....
They are "new chrome valve covers w/ gaskets" .....

Boooyyyy,, some of you peeps can not read worth a sheet.... :lol:

Gene Winfield is one of the last somewhat well-known "old school" car customizers still alive, and he still hosts workshops to teach people how to do custom metalwork. I've met him twice at car shows and he's a really nice guy. I wouldn't ask him to autograph my dashboard though, since he had nothing to do with building it.

As for this car, it doesn't look that difficult to undo the modifications the owner has done. I'd lose the wagon wheels, repaint the engine and try dying the carpet a darker colour, or if that didn't work replace the carpet. All low-buck changes except the possible carpet replacement. If all that's wrong with it are these cosmetic issues, that's not so bad. However, there is also some chipping paint and possibly bodywork breaking out on the front passenger fender, between the wheel and bumper.

Did anyone else notice this is a factory radio-delete car? Radio-delete in a New Yorker! No power windows either. This has to be the lowest-optioned New Yorker I've ever seen. I'm surprised it has a clock.

I thought that was just a drawing. Any pictures from the repaint?
Sorry no pics. It was back in about 1976. The shop I worked in New York at the time probably still has pictures on the wall in the office.

Nooo, Snotty,, those valve cover are not green....
They are "new chrome valve covers w/ gaskets" .....

Boooyyyy,, some of you peeps can not read worth a sheet.... :lol:
You caught me - I didn't read a thing. My eyes hurt too much form the pictures. :p

As far as I am concerned and that is when I see a decal in the back window of a car, particularly a large family four door, that says JEGS it is time to run for the hills.

What Mr. Winfield should have signed was a check to restore the poor car.

Did anyone else notice this is a factory radio-delete car? Radio-delete in a New Yorker! No power windows either. This has to be the lowest-optioned New Yorker I've ever seen. I'm surprised it has a clock.
That looks like a homemade blank-out plate to me, It's not woodgrain like the rest of the dash trim that a NY has.

That looks like a homemade blank-out plate to me, It's not woodgrain like the rest of the dash trim that a NY has.
In the pic of Gene Winfield signing the dash, it looks like woodgrain to me, just a very dark picture. Also, there is no radio antenna nor hole for one on the body. There is bodywork on the passenger front fender which may have been an antenna hole filled in, but the antenna should not be that far down the fender.

I tried enhancing the colour of the picture. The blockoff plate does look to have a red/brown tint and woodgrain to me, but the picture is such low resolution that the artifacts make it difficult to tell if it's factory. I still think it is.

1965_Chrysler_dash_no_radio_mod.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back