1965 Chrysler New Yorker Restoration

kimphall

Reaction score
I've had the car since 1986 when I rebuilt the engine, front end, and a few other things. In 2004, I had the body and paint done and then it was stored until April 2010 when I decided I was either going to put it back together or sell it. So I got busy and spent a few months putting it back in shape.

DSCN0529 (Small).JPG

DSCN0552 (Small).JPG

DSCN0580 (Small).JPG

DSCN0642 (Small).JPG

DSCN0727 (Small).JPG

DSCN0728 (Small).JPG

DSCN0729 (Small).JPG

DSCN0730 (Small).JPG

DSCN0733 (Small).JPG

DSCN0734 (Small).JPG

Nice. Exterior looks similar to my 65 Newport 4 door sedan. Your interior is much nicer w/ the bucket seats and console. I have bench seats. Nice modern radio mount.

Very nice, good call on doing the work and not selling her.

Looks fantastic!

Radio mount

Nice. Exterior looks similar to my 65 Newport 4 door sedan. Your interior is much nicer w/ the bucket seats and console. I have bench seats. Nice modern radio mount.

In the console is a remote for a marine Kenwood. I fabbed a rather utilitarian looking sheet metal enclosure picture here around it and mounted it under the passenger seat. Lower right in the open compartment area you can see a usb connector and I'm adding a stereo miniature jack so you can plug in those devices inside the console. I mounted two 3-ways in the back shelf where Chrysler thoughtfully provided the openings and two more self-enclosed units under the dash.

DSCN0617 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Back