1965 Chrysler New Yorker

I am very excited about it..can ya tell???:eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::yaayy::eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::eek:s_dancing2::yaayy:

How so? Very fair deal for both the buyer and seller I think.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Because it seems he had to sell it rather than want to. It also appears he sold it for less than what it could have brought....

Look at it Stan, thats a grwat car in great colors with great options

Last edited:
I agree with you on this one Dave.

Because it seems he had to sell it rather than want to. It also appears he sold it for less than what it could have brought....

Look at it Stan, thats a grwat car in great colors with great options

Here is the long and short of it....Ron has had a career change and sold the car to buy tools for his new job. He has two other cars that he is happy with, one which an extremely low mileage Newport. He has used the car very little since purchased and is limited in space. When I spoke with him I asked what his price was and he told me, I told him what I could offer and he accepted. There wasn't any arm twisting involved and being that I know the history of the car and his original purchase price I feel that he made out ok based on his investment and todays market...his wife also wants her garage back so she can put her car in. I told him that IF the car is ever put up for sale I would contact him first.

Just in case you were considering 15" Magnums for your car, pull a front wheel off first, to see how far on your caliper that the rib (fluid passage between pistons) sticks out past your bolt surface.

I believe the unobtainable lower ball joints are the biggest reason for changing to the later single piston units, but wheel clearance can be another reason.

Just in case you were considering 15" Magnums for your car, pull a front wheel off first, to see how far on your caliper that the rib (fluid passage between pistons) sticks out past your bolt surface.

I believe the unobtainable lower ball joints are the biggest reason for changing to the later single piston units, but wheel clearance can be another reason.

At present I am not considering any changes at all but thanks for the info. Do you have pn's for those lower ball joints?

Last edited:
Going over on New Years day to physically pay for my new ride, snap a few photos and get all of the info needed to put it on my insurance. Ron will bring the car over next weekend which will give me time to clear out my somewhat humble garage.

Red: From one 68 Monaco owner to another ... nice score! Not sure where you are located but I noticed the NY plates on the car. Are you in the Buffalo area? I'd like to see that car in person. Maybe at Moparfest?

At present I am not considering any changes at all but thanks for the info. Do you have pn's for those lower ball joints?

No, but I replaced the whole units on a '67 New Yorker, because I was told from several sources that the '68 and older C-body disc brake ball joints were not available. I put 11" drums on for the time being and will be putting all new discs/spindles on it in the future and have a set of '73 discs/spindles for my '68 300.

Back