For Sale 1965 Chrysler (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mine! Here is the ad re: this elegant car, for posterity:

"58,000 Original Miles
Unrestored- All original Body, Paint, and Interior- basically all original parts!
Replaced: spark plugs, brakes, tires, belts, idlerarm, exhaust, front shocks, and the original radiator was recored.
Tow package with rear air shocks, Power antenna, three ashtrays and a Power seat.
Motor: 413 Big Block, Torqueflite Transmission, Suregrip Differential.
Appraised at $13,500 -
asking $10k
Roomy-Comfortable-Drives Like a Dream!!!"

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Not mine! Here is the ad re: this elegant car, for posterity:

"58,000 Original Miles
Unrestored- All original Body, Paint, and Interior- basically all original parts!
Replaced: spark plugs, brakes, tires, belts, idlerarm, exhaust, front shocks, and the original radiator was recored.
Tow package with rear air shocks, Power antenna, three ashtrays and a Power seat.
Motor: 413 Big Block, Torqueflite Transmission, Suregrip Differential.
Appraised at $13,500 -
asking $10k
Roomy-Comfortable-Drives Like a Dream!!!"

View attachment 275106

View attachment 275103

View attachment 275104

View attachment 275105
Really Nice!

I really like these. If I remember correctly the stainless or aluminum trim goes the length of the car and is ribbed. Also the clear tail light lenses.

I believe the metal trim is actually anodized aluminum, rather than stainless. Upper goes from the front of the fenders to the meet the rear bumper on the rear. Lower is from behind the front wheel to the rear bumper. Clear tail light lenses AND clear headlight covers on the front. The "surround/closeout? trim at the outer sides of the bumpers is chromed pot metal. ALL finished to a high degree of execution, by observation.

It's totally amazing at the amount of detail work on those era Chryslers! Especially compared to the similar Buicks and other GMs of the time! You don't realize that until you put them side-by-side and THEN it all just pops out at you, by observation.

CBODY67

Wow. What a welcoming looking car. The color combo is subtle but really striking somehow.

That car is sweet. No AC, hmmmm.... I always expect a New Yorker to have it, even though I know it was optional.

Should have the glass over the headlights as well as the white tail lights.

Front headlight covers, seems that there were some issues with "venting" of the glass, which allegedly could cause fogging of the lens and reduced headlight "light" emissions through the glass. Seems like Imperials also had similar covers, so to do that with a NY would have been a luxury model tie-in of sorts.

Rear clear lens tail lights. A neat thing, but probably was too costly to make and execute, much less find bulbs for.

CBODY67

Detmatt, yes seen it and it would fit the bill methinks, but location is as far from the coast as it can be and will ad $1k to the price of shipping, a dollar a mile seems to be the average. Cant even get cheapish flights to that region so would not be able to drive it to the coast myself....

I will have to pay import tax on the cost of shipping and the price of the car, odd rule, but it is what it is. If it were anywhere near the coast I'd be on it. AC not an issue for me, its always cold here and car is lovely colour combo. Why only 4 pics, the more pics the more likely to sell :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back