01616_a7z8RrZdrqp_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_7cwwQQRjPf5_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_a9mcsixtTxg_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_gWwyusmX6Mm_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_fcMeG8PBa5x_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_9lcXZaMwVCS_1200x900.jpg

Up for sale:

GARAGE FIND!!! 1965 Dodge 880 Custom Wagon

This car was discovered in a garage where it has been at rest for about 10 years. The current owner has been its owner for over 15 years and feels that it is time to find a new home.

This car is a great opportunity to buy low on a very rare, last model year Dodge 880 Custom Wagon.

Here are a few highlights:

• This car is equipped with the MUCH more desirable 3 Speed Torqueflight Automatic Transmission
• The car is equipped with Air Conditioning, which you can see in the pictures. The unit alone is worth $
• The car is equipped with the Chrysler FirePower 383 V8
• Many of the original books and documentation are still in existence. I have also requested a build sheet from Dodge so that the new owner can buy parts with accuracy.
• The car shares a lot in common with other Chrysler products of that time. Therefore, a full engine rebuild should be low cost, in addition to finding other mechanical parts needed for restoration
• Much of the existing equipment is not in need of replacement
• If the restorer wants a patina, there is already a great start to that look
• The headliner is in great shape, one of the most difficult pieces to restore on the interior doesn’t need replacement
• The suspension doesn’t creak or squeal under any load, it’s a solid car underneath
• The carburetor looks clean and its spring works very well
• Transmission fluid is still good and clean

The items in need of TLC or full restoration

• There is a significant amount of rust along the rear quarter panels
• The bezels along the rear window have rust, but can be patched
• The motor will need a full rebuild
• The state of the transmission is unknown, however, the owner stated that it pulled hard when he parked it for the last time.
• The interior seats will need some repair work, but aren’t beyond repair
• Much of the chrome is pitted and will need to be refinished if undergoing a full restoration

Please call/text Greg @ show contact info with any questions.

I’m helping sell this car for a friend, so if you want to look at it, please be patient with our schedules. Serious buyers only, I’m not interested in showing the car to folks that don’t have cash in hand and that don’t bring a trailer.

Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back