1965 Dodge Custom 880

Jeff4547

Reaction score
Hello from Ovid, Michigan!
This is my second C body forum. I have a 65 Dodge Custom 880 and am feeling like an outcast. It's a great car and I will not get rid of it! But, man, it is VERY difficult to find parts. Seems like everyone owns a Fury. They really dominate the C body forums. Really looking forward to joining in on some good discussions. The manuals leave so much out. Thanks for inviting me in!!

Hello from Ovid, Michigan!
This is my second C body forum. I have a 65 Dodge Custom 880 . Thanks for inviting me in!!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiWelcome . Love a 65 custom 880. I was chasing a 65 880 convertible when my 69 300 appeared. The owner of the 65 880 was a tough guy to get hold of and so he lost the sale. I still think about it though. How about some pictures....?

I'd love to have a 64 880, esp a ragtop. And there is a 64 880 sedan listed on cl that the guy claims is the factory hemi (although the records say they didn't get hemis, only 361/383s

too bad he's another one of those guys who put an ad up wqith no phone # and doesn't answer emails!

I'd love to have a 64 880, esp a ragtop. And there is a 64 880 sedan listed on cl that the guy claims is the factory hemi (although the records say they didn't get hemis, only 361/383s

too bad he's another one of those guys who put an ad up wqith no phone # and doesn't answer emails!

Hemi's were very limited in 1964, a few only made for race cars and not available to the public. The first hemi car available to the public was a 1966 B Body.

I have never seen it, but I've heard and been told that there was ONE factory 1968 Chrysler 300 made with a hemi. Heard that it was and was not made... Wasn't ever sold to the public... Chrysler destroyed it...someone from Chrysler saved it...someone in California had it. I don't what the truth is.

I don't what the truth is.
Oh stop it. Yes you do!

myth-busted.jpg

myth-busted.jpg

I have never seen it, but I've heard and been told that there was ONE factory 1968 Chrysler 300 made with a hemi. Heard that it was and was not made... Wasn't ever sold to the public... Chrysler destroyed it...someone from Chrysler saved it...someone in California had it. I don't what the truth is.
I'm sure there was some interesting stuff that came out of those factories for the execs, regardless of what was available for order to the public

besides, you know darn well that if there was a hemi car out there, it was prob gutted for a b/e car that there are thousands of

65 880 convertible F/S

I'd love to have a 64 880, esp a ragtop.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/53834.html

Mark, here is a link to the 65 880 convertible I was so interested in before buying my 69 300.
I had serious thoughts of going to San Francisco and driving it back to Alabama. I talked to the owner a couple of times and he seemed like a strange cookie to me. Didn't seem to know much about the car, or Mopars in general, but seemed confident the car was capable of a road trip. I even found a fellow from another mopar site that lived not far from the car and would go inspect it for me.
Before I could arrange that, or even make a offer the guy just quit answering his phone or returning e-mails.
I fell in love with the colors on that car.... Still like it. And it's still listed as for sale. Maybe you'll have better luck....

Will.

Thanks for all the input and comments!! you guys really make me feel welcome. As you can see, it is a great looking car. Original 383. Need trim parts, heater parts, switches, etc. These pictures are fairly recent. Took dash appart to have reupholstered and am replacing as many broke and missing parts as possible. Don't see many Customs around.
$(KGrHqFHJBUE8+mZ,sjZBP(92hQ-Q!~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqFHJEwE88eJ0H-fBP(92cz1Bg~~60_12.jpg65 dodge 2.jpg
65 dodge 3.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJBUE8+mZ,sjZBP(92hQ-Q!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJEwE88eJ0H-fBP(92cz1Bg~~60_12.jpg

65 dodge 2.jpg

65 dodge 3.jpg

Nobody does..............any old car is rare on the road these days.

I have never seen one at the Friday night cruises at Lowe's and there is 250- 300 cars rolling in and out every night. There's always cars from 5-6 different states there every Friday.

Nice car, Buddy. Don`t see them very often, although alot more Custom 880`s were produced than Polaras. Don`t see them very often either. The Canadian built cars have Plymouth dashes in them, I prefer the Dodge dash by far in these cars!

Marty

Back