For Sale 1965 Dodge Monaco 426 Wedge 4-Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Contact seller
Yes, this is my car.
I have been going back and forth for at least a year on whether to put it up for sale or not. I'll try to keep things short.....I am for the most part an optimist. When I purchased this car I had every intention of working to a restoration. I am one who does not care what it is worth when done, it is the rarity more so than anything. However, that lovely thing called reality happens to be hanging around. At this time in my life I do not financially see me being able to do much with the car. The bug is to sell it, however I may change my mind at any time and hold on to it, like I said this has been a struggle to come to a decision.
As for the car itself, it will need a total restoration. It will not be for the faint of heart as it will be time and money consuming. I am also including all parts that I have accumulated in the sale. I will not sell without the parts and not selling parts alone. I have all factory sheet metal needed except for the driver side rear quarter. That includes the hood(one on there is for a Polara and has bondo),both doors,cowl piece by the wipers,passenger fender,2 driver fenders(1 NOS),full passenger quarter panel from the door striker to tail light housing including inner wheel house. Sheet metal is from California. Replace the panels or cut factory patches, up to the restorer. I also have a host of NOS pieces....headlight bezels,rear taillight assemblies,trunk finish panel(minus the red plastic inserts-nice used ones),gas cap,rear back-up lights for a 4-speed,fender emblems, and other stuff I can't remember right now. Bins and boxes full of parts. The engine and tranny are original,I have the factory chrome air cleaner and base,have a date coded correct Carter carb for a 426 4 speed. Have data plate, no build sheet. I do however have a copy of the factory build tag from Chrysler Historical to prove it is the real deal.
Ok, here comes the fun part, the price. I already expect a bunch of rude and not so nice comments on this part. There will be some who are going to say "he does not want to sell it". Show up at my door with the asking price and the title will be signed over to you. I want to sell it for MY price, not what someone thinks they can get it for. If it does not sell that is not a bad thing either. This is an extremely rare "C" body. I have not been able to find proof of another that is still around(does not mean that there are)but if you google it, my car is the only one that shows up. If you have PROOF of another, I would please ask that you forward me the info. This could possibly be the last 426 4 speed '65 Monaco left in existence. It deserves a proper resto, something I can't do at this time. My asking price is $20,000 with all parts included(small box truck or very large van needed)and I am not and will not accept offers. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. I highly recommend you check the car out in person if at all interested. It is not road worthy but does and can move under its' own power so loading is not an issue. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Car 006.jpg

Car 007.jpg

Car 005.jpg

Car 008.jpg

Car 010.jpg

Car 014.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to digest the price but I understand the reasoning you're using to state that price.

I say go for it and stick to your guns.

Nut Case :realcrazy:

JK, I completely understand... and what a special car.

IDK what the restored value would be, but she certainly is a worthy car... I can't imagine the investment was too cheap to get to where you are now either.

Good luck with your sale:thumbsup:

Nut Case :realcrazy:

JK, I completely understand... and what a special car.

IDK what the restored value would be, but she certainly is a worthy car... I can't imagine the investment was too cheap to get to where you are now either.

Good luck with your sale:thumbsup:

If I like a car it does not really matter to me what the final value is, most don't feel the same. If any one buys this car they will be ahead of the game on the "parts" hunt.

If I like a car it does not really matter to me what the final value is, most don't feel the same. If any one buys this car they will be ahead of the game on the "parts" hunt.
Nutcase, this question is being asked in all sincerity.
What if.....
If, at your current price, nobody, not one person, is even remotely interested, what happens?

Nutcase, this question is being asked in all sincerity.
What if.....
If, at your current price, nobody, not one person, is even remotely interested, what happens?

Honestly Stan I will hold on to it and hope I can find the financial resources to do it myself. I do not "have to sell it" but would like to do so in the hopes it can be treated to a proper resurrection.

Not saying this because John and I are good friends. John loves this car and more than anything wants to see it on the road. He just does not want to wait another ten years for it to happen.

Not saying this because John and I are good friends. John loves this car and more than anything wants to see it on the road. He just does not want to wait another ten years for it to happen.

It's his car to do what he wants with, but, if he really wanted to see someone save it, the price would be more in line with market value.
Usually, people with 20k to spend, didn't get it by making foolish purchases.
I love that car myself, but 20k isn't going to get it into loving hands any time soon.

It's his car to do what he wants with, but, if he really wanted to see someone save it, the price would be more in line with market value.
I love that car myself, but 20k isn't going to get it into loving hands any time soon.

Can you show me what market value is? What can you compare it to? I have not been able to find 1,NOT 1 other '65 Monaco 426-4 speed car....let alone one fully restored and sold. There is no market to go by. There are various reasons as to my price.....between the parts and car itself as to what I have into it, I do not want to see it parted out(almost was before I bought it),and if someone is willing to pay my price it means they like the car and want to restore it and would not be feasible to part out at that point. Trust me, if it does not sell AND I have the means to restore it, it will NEVER be up for sale again. Rarity may not always mean value but go ahead and find another one......you may be looking a looooong time.
Sorry but as for foolish purchases have you seen what people are paying for E-bodies and 2nd gen Chargers that are a virtual pile of rust???

IDK how you would fully prove what the future owner would do. @ the asking, it won't be someone with shallow pockets... but maybe a good applicant will show up, eventually they all need a new home.

IDK how you would fully prove what the future owner would do. @ the asking, it won't be someone with shallow pockets... but maybe a good applicant will show up, eventually they all need a new home.

No guarantees on anything, but to break the car and parts up at that price will get you nowhere to even at best. Hopefully that insures the car survives in one piece. It is way to unusual to be lost to ignorance.

As stated earlier, this may be the only example left on the planet. If that is the case, then it deserves to be restored and not parted out. Also with the amount of parts that will go with the car, it is well worth it. If I had the $20,000.00 to buy it, and then another $30,000.00 to restore it I would. Think of it, this just might be rarer than a 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible, and they are going for MILLIONS now. In fact this just might be the RAREST "C" body combination around.

I agree traintech. rarity is a beautiful thing. if I had the room an extra 20 grand and more ambition it would be in my garage beside my wagon.

As stated earlier, this may be the only example left on the planet. If that is the case, then it deserves to be restored and not parted out. Also with the amount of parts that will go with the car, it is well worth it. If I had the $20,000.00 to buy it, and then another $30,000.00 to restore it I would. Think of it, this just might be rarer than a 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible, and they are going for MILLIONS now. In fact this just might be the RAREST "C" body combination around.

I'm not here to debate the cars merits, But he' s played his hand. It doesn't take a 20000 dollar check to keep it out of the derby , 5 k would do that .
The high price tag shouldn't have been explained . Perhaps on a discreet phone conversation with an interested party but certainly not here on an open forum.

I'm not here to debate the cars merits, But he' s played his hand. It doesn't take a 20000 dollar check to keep it out of the derby , 5 k would do that .
The high price tag shouldn't have been explained . Perhaps on a discreet phone conversation with an interested party but certainly not here on an open forum.
Yes this is an open forum, and yes it is his car that he nicely offered to anyone on the site first. SO like everyone else on this site, he can do as he wishes as long as he stay's within the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back