1965 Fury Quarter Glass Seal

65Fury440

Reaction score
I bought some Metro VS 7 AL seals, but they look like they are holding the glass ot when the door is closed and the window is up.
My originals looks as if they were just a single lip, these are doubled over.
Does anyone have a picture of what the right ones are, or have a part number?

These are what I bought, they are supposed to slide in a groove on the chrome window channel, but, with the screw heads in there they are too wide.
VS7.jpg

They are still not being reproduced accurately to the original versions.

The original version had little recesses on the back side of the part that went in the channel to allow for the screw heads, and a single flocked lip, not doubled over like the current offerings.

I have looked for years to find repros, found 1 NOS one, and have collected many shitty well-used originals from wrecking yards. That's really your only option at this point is to scour the wrecking yards for good originals.

Thank you Ross.
I was beginning to question my sanity.
The guy at Metro said "they used the same one basically" through that era. The screw heads are a big part of the problem, as well as the channel portion being too thick.
I am going to cut one lip off for now, and run the inside across a cutting wheel, and belt sand the channel thickness down.
Thanks again, you know exactly what you are talking about.

I think this is the one I used, not sure as I put them in a couple years ago. Mopar 65 66 67 300 Polara Fury New Yorker Imperial Glass to Quarter Window Seal | eBay It has flocking on it, I did have to trim a bit to fit around the screws but I got 'em in there and they seem okay although other issues have prevented racking up lots of test miles..
If you look at the picture of the seals I posted, you can see the 2 slots that slide up the window channel, albeit too thick.
Did your window channel have that style originally?

Yep, not really many differences 65 Fury to 65 Polara........ yeah, the base is a bit thicker but after you modify it for the screws it can/will be installed although you won't slide it in. You have to engage one side under the lip then compress the other side with a putty knife or similar to get it in. Takes a bit of patience but it will go in, and it does take a wee bit of trimming at the top end to conform with the seal.

It's the same basic part as the one in the first post other than it's flocked.

Both require trimming and finagling to work, and the new parts only slightly resemble factory originals. They are a generic "trim to fit" part.

Yes I did the engage and tuck method.
After some massaging in the table belt sander, it would engage by hand.
The second set just didn't look like the channel works the same.
Thanks guys!

Back