1965 New Yorker wagon interior seal?

Any luck if you can get your hands on those tail gate window channels/seal? Thanks

I will check my samples when I go to shop tomorrow
Here's a couple new pics, the outer belt seal and looking for 2 window guides, about 19" long each

IMG_20200409_131517434.jpg

IMG_20200409_132707981.jpg

I have the channels, but do not have a pattern for c body belt lines. Looking at photos I have the raw material so when you remove yours send and I will duplicate. Thx

I have the channels, but do not have a pattern for c body belt lines. Looking at photos I have the raw material so when you remove yours send and I will duplicate. Thx
How much for the channels ? You need to know length? I'll probably just make the belt weather strip, thanks

If you were to provide him with yours as a template, I bet there's at least a dozen of us that would buy the kit, and (while I don't want to put words in his mouth), because you provided him with the originals, you might get your set free or with a major discount.

They would fit 65-68 C body wagons. There's at least 5 parts to the kit - just off the top of my head there'd be a perimeter seal (likely with molded ends), side fillers, channel runs, and glass strips both sides.

I'd buy a set for sure!

If you were to provide him with yours as a template, I bet there's at least a dozen of us that would buy the kit, and (while I don't want to put words in his mouth), because you provided him with the originals, you might get your set free or with a major discount.

They would fit 65-68 C body wagons. There's at least 5 parts to the kit - just off the top of my head there'd be a perimeter seal (likely with molded ends), side fillers, channel runs, and glass strips both sides.

I'd buy a set for sure!
The belt weatherstrips are just folded rubber material, should be fairly easy to duplicate. I'd normally do something like that, but I'm hoping to be together and running this weekend, first time it will be on the road since late 70s. I do have the belt weatherstrips if anyone wants to see it

How much for the channels ? You need to know length? I'll probably just make the belt weather strip, thanks
Qqe, hopefully you read this today, I'd like to get a price and shipped today on the run channels if poss, thanks! My mailbox should be open

I'd buy a set for sure!
I would also be on that list.

A complete tailgate kit for a 65-68 C-body...yup I'd be interested as well. Would like the glass to body seals that are needed when the glass is in the "UP" position as well.

Hi, ( please tell me if I should start a new thread) my 64 custom hard-top needs a full set of door seals and all the rear-tail gate seals. I have exhasted ebay / Steele rubber and found no kits for the model. Someone metioned they bought a 4 door kit and cut it down, has anyone done this to a 64. ( who supplys the kit). And would the be much difference in the 65--66--67 seals .

@QQE should be able to help you - I would think the door kit would be quite different than 65 and newer, but I'm not an expert.

Quirey Quality (@QQE ) bought Gary Goers' business, which did make nearly every bit of weatherstripping for the earlier full size cars, so I would think you'll be good to go with them.

Hopefully he'll respond here, but if not, look up Quirey Quality in Windber PA and reach out to them.

Thanks, I know that "Gary Goers" did have a good catalogue but I can not find it, even under Quirey Quality. As for the tail gate seals, what is left on mine all look like they have been replaced or are missing altogether. Is the outer belt seal and the perimeter seal metioned in this thread the same seal which is attached to the body and seals the lower portion and sides when the door is closed. What did the original look like, was it a two piece ( upper & lower) or several sections ( upper side, corner, middle , lower).

I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to what they look like - if you don't have one already, I suggest you download the factory parts catalogue and have a look in there, as there may be a picture. www.mymopar com may have it.

Last edited:
Thanks, I know that "Gary Goers" did have a good catalogue but I can not find it, even under Quirey Quality. As for the tail gate seals, what is left on mine all look like they have been replaced or are missing altogether. Is the outer belt seal and the perimeter seal metioned in this thread the same seal which is attached to the body and seals the lower portion and sides when the door is closed. What did the original look like, was it a two piece ( upper & lower) or several sections ( upper side, corner, middle , lower).
@QQE does have a digital catalog available, (or did recently), that you can request via email.

Back