1965 pace car restoration

Kissing the bricks...:usflag:

Still on my 'bucket list' along with a lap of Talledega...:rofl:

Kiss-the-bricks Indy.jpg

Black and white pics still in fashion in 1965 lol...

View attachment 504388
Probably taken by the newspapers. Even in the 80s most local papers were still in black and white so the pictures taken in black and white too. I think The New York Times held out until the 90s, because they didn't think a "real" newspaper needed color to sell their paper. :)

Happy Christmas to you Terry and your lads, from the 'old country'!

We hope 2022 will bring you health and happiness to carry on your remarkable work!!!:thumbsup::thankyou:

Just got to find one of these puzzles for my Christmas sock lol...:popcorn:

puzzling 65 convert.jpg

My pleasure Terry,

If I ever manage to make it to OZ to see my sister in Adelaide I will give you a visit too!

I know Oz is only a small place like England and you can drive all the way around it in a day (or two) lol...:rofl:

My hat goes off for anyone outside of Mighty America who commits to a resto of this quality!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even more so when its a 65 Fury, as rare as 'rocking horse POO'...

My lovely sister back in the 80's with her partner drove all the way round OZ and across the middle too! (back when it was Ayers Rock)
Think it took them THREE Months...In a London taxi...

top gear taxi.jpg

My pleasure Terry,

If I ever manage to make it to OZ to see my sister in Adelaide I will give you a visit too!

I know Oz is only a small place like England and you can drive all the way around it in a day (or two) lol...:rofl:

My hat goes off for anyone outside of Mighty America who commits to a resto of this quality!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even more so when its a 65 Fury, as rare as 'rocking horse POO'...

My lovely sister back in the 80's with her partner drove all the way round OZ and across the middle too! (back when it was Ayers Rock)
Think it took them THREE Months...In a London taxi...

View attachment 508843
Adelaide is a nice city. Ive spent a bit of time there over the years. We are about 1800 miles from there but hopefully relocating back to my home town of Warrnambool, its only about 240 miles from Adelaide. A london Taxi would be a blast. I did a 3000 mile road trip in my old 1960 dodge, that was certainly an adventure lol.

Best of luck Terry!

If you need someone to drive the 1800 miles in the Fury Convert for you, I'm your man lol...:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Is Gas cheap over there in OZland?

Its very expensive here at the moment, very unsporting indeed, for us Moparmen and ladies...:mob:

I just checked the world prices of GAS!

Venezuela is 20p a litre.:rofl:

Australia is 85p a litre.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

America is 81p a litre.:usflag:

The UK is a whooping £1.50 a litre...:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::wtf:

Best of luck Terry!

If you need someone to drive the 1800 miles in the Fury Convert for you, I'm your man lol...:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Is Gas cheap over there in OZland?

Its very expensive here at the moment, very unsporting indeed, for us Moparmen and ladies...:mob:
It varies between 1.50-2.00 a litre. Not very economical in the fury as i am only getting about 10 miles to the gallon at present

Just read the whole thread, congratulations on all the hard work and thank you for sharing, sweet car...

I spent a few hours finally sorting the kickdown adjustment out over the weekend. I have not been able to get it to work since day one. Although I never realised it was not working till a couple of months ago as I have just been cruising around breaking the engine in. It was all set up as per the manual but I had to crank it a few turns further back. Now it engages nicely. I have been avoiding driving it till I sorted it out. I have only had it out for a trip round the block once in the last couple of months.

273028961_10224271752233829_2070101913661559263_n.jpg

I've been busy lately still piecing together my 58 plymouth and also my sons jeep, but got around to installing a new fuel sender last weekend. It was playing up then stopped working late last year. New one works a treat and took the car for a decent 100 mile run. Ran really well although I am going to change the carby down to a 750 at some stage. I also picked up this neat little indy sweepstakes prize via ebay. I have been collecting the 65 indy stuff for around 10 years now and have accumulated a bit of neat stuff.

indy1.jpg

indy2.jpg

indy3.jpg

1574.jpg

1575.jpg

1577.jpg

''You are the man Terrym''!

I bet you feel like the 'king of the road' in your pace car!

Well done on winning the delayed action headlight switch, whatever that is???

I would love to win a 65 Fury pacecar myself lol...

My friends 65 Fury has a two barrel 383ci and that ran good and was cheap to run!

Now its a 512ci 440 with a 950 Holley carb, runs real good up to 150mph and then it gets scary lol...

Still good on gas though at around 15mpg's...

512 Stroker engine.jpg

Took the cover off and gave it a run the other night. My fuel and temp gauge has died again which is a pita. Brake light switch also gave out but I had a new one here to change in. Heading into winter here which is quite tame in comparison to a lot of the northern hemisphere. We get a few nights of below zero and days around 18-23 here so its still ok cruising weather. Quite a lot better than our summers.

281478846_10224812158583650_4423149262933455005_n.jpg

281770236_10224826869951425_2684083319506698293_n.jpg

281775196_10224826869871423_2312805647929829282_n.jpg

I gave the convertible a much needed clean on Saturday before heading to our local yearly Chrysler show. Managed to pick up the top American award and top convertible again this year.

1626.jpg

1627.jpg

1628.jpg

1629.jpg

1630.jpg

1631.jpeg

1634.jpeg

Back