1965 Plymouth Fury III rear seat belts

Zach

Reaction score
hi, i'm zach. i just purchased my fury and it doesn't have belts in the rear. can anyone please tell me how easy or difficult it may be to install basic 2 point lap belts and if there are already mounting points under the rear seat from the factory? would the 60" length, part #6467AB-LB, from SeatBeltsPlus.com be a good fit on my '65? thanks for your help!

hi, i'm zach. i just purchased my fury and it doesn't have belts in the rear. can anyone please tell me how easy or difficult it may be to install basic 2 point lap belts and if there are already mounting points under the rear seat from the factory? would the 60" length, part #6467AB-LB, from SeatBeltsPlus.com be a good fit on my '65? thanks for your help!

You want original or aftermarket

as long as the bolt mounting holes are there is is easy. there are many AM belts that look stock available in the colour you need.
Probably about $100 for the 2 seats.

Did you ever have any luck finding a good mounting spot. I just brought a 65 Fury 3 home and am looking to add a seat belt or two to the back seat, but I don't see anything obvious.

Look for the circled things. I suspect they are removable eyebolts, and then you can bolt-in aftermarket belts.
The main thing is to have a large/thick reinforcement on the other side, to keep the belt from pulling thru in case of an accident.
If your car has no such stuff, you can add it. Make sure to use Grade 5 or 8 bolts, 1/2" dia size, and put a large/thick washer on the other side. Don't use a common fender washer - get soemthign ~ 1/8-3/16" thick and ~2-3" dia (might be a little hard to find, but you could use flat bar stock and cut/drill a hole). You need a decent washer on the interior side also, but not as big (because the belt's tab isn't as big).

1667356376982.png

Look for the circled things. I suspect they are removable eyebolts, and then you can bolt-in aftermarket belts.
The main thing is to have a large/thick reinforcement on the other side, to keep the belt from pulling thru in case of an accident.
If your car has no such stuff, you can add it. Make sure to use Grade 5 or 8 bolts, 1/2" dia size, and put a large/thick washer on the other side. Don't use a common fender washer - get soemthign ~ 1/8-3/16" thick and ~2-3" dia (might be a little hard to find, but you could use flat bar stock and cut/drill a hole). You need a decent washer on the interior side also, but not as big (because the belt's tab isn't as big).

View attachment 565543
I have some of these.
sb1.jpg
sb2.jpg

Back