1965 single to duel master cylinder conversion.

santts

Reaction score
I have everything I need . Looking to keep the brakes Manual . I just can't seem to find a dual manual master cylinder. All seem to be power . Any ideas folks. I ordered the one in the box but I believe it's for power brakes. I know a 67 duel will bolt up. But where's the Manuel ones at? Anyone.? I know Manuel masters will work for power brakes but not power for Manual .

20230328_213354.jpg

Manual and power will be the same master cylinder.

You'll have to pull the old push rod out and install it in the new MC. There's a rubber piece that goes on the push rod to keep it in place. They used to include that in new MC, but they probably don't now.

I've done a couple of these conversions.

Manual and power will be the same master cylinder.

You'll have to pull the old push rod out and install it in the new MC. There's a rubber piece that goes on the push rod to keep it in place. They used to include that in new MC, but they probably don't now.

I've done a couple of these conversions.
Yes I agree you can use manual for power. But not power for manual . I found out this is power. Do you know of any duel manual masters? Having trouble finding

You also need to move this retainer from the old to the new MC.. New rubber seals are available.

img_2850-jpg.jpg

Yes I agree you can use manual for power. But not power for manual . I found out this is power. Do you know of any duel manual masters? Having trouble finding
You can not believe me if you want, but the cylinders are the same.

That's interesting. My understanding is a manual master has a deeper bore. Problem I'm having is I bought a 65 fury and the brake pedal is way high and I know he just changed the master . So I belive it's a power one because the bore is less so push rod dosent go in as far causing the height issue .

Manual MC doesn't have a deeper hole in the piston and is in no way different.

You sure the pedal is too high? A manual brake car will have a higher pedal than a power brake car. The geometry of the pedal is different for more mechanical advantage, so it ends up being higher.

Manual MC doesn't have a deeper hole in the piston and is in no way different.

You sure the pedal is too high? A manual brake car will have a higher pedal than a power brake car. The geometry of the pedal is different for more mechanical advantage, so it ends up being higher.
Positive the pedal is to high. I say that because I even found another 65 fury parts car to compare. Was like 4 inches lower . I took the single bowl and pedal assembly off just in case. It's strange . It's a pain to drive

Positive the pedal is to high. I say that because I even found another 65 fury parts car to compare. Was like 4 inches lower . I took the single bowl and pedal assembly off just in case. It's strange . It's a pain to drive
Start comparing the two. Bet he either swapped the push rod or it's not seated correctly or it has the wrong MC on it now.

Back