1965 Sport Fury 426 fuel pump

dammstrate

Reaction score
Wandering around the internet, I can find multiple listings for this. Some specify Carter M3672, others M6866 (bid difference in lever arm length). Differences probably due to engine types/sizes? Which one is the right one, or what would you guys recommend?

Don't forget about the fuel inlet/outlet sizes, which can be different and/or "aimed" differently.

CBODY67

Internet Listings --- WRONG WRONG WRONG......
DO NOT touch either one of them.... Pieces of your camshaft will appear as chunks in you oil pan....

An M3672 Carter is 1964 - 1968 383 & 440 ONLY ---
NEVER any 426........
A 6866 Fuel Pump is 1964 - 1972 SMALL Block --
273, 318, 340 ONLY ---
Certainly NEVER any 426....

The 426 HEMI Fuel Pump has been --- Obsolete ---
By every brand for decades....
You can Only find N.O.S. (generally for huge bucks)
Every Now and then.... Or if yours is the rebuildable style, I can supply you with a fuel pump kit, engineered with ethanol - gas compatible material....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935...... New York....

IIAC it,s a street wedge 426 ..........not a 426 HEMI

The long lever arm is for small blocks , you need one with the short arm.

Last edited:
Car is original numbers matching 426 street wedge block (has Edelbrock Al heads now) with a 4 speed. I would
much rather prefer to just purchase and replace the pump, this is a very, very nice driver, but as the non-stock heads suggest, is not a 100pt show car. Wouldn't any RB engine part suffice?

M3672 has the correct sizes and clocking.(as cbody67 mentioned above)
I had one on my street wedge 4-speed 65 Polara.
No longer made in USA, but available.

Interestingly, I went to a NAPA and the counter teenager tried to sell me an electric one. Bwahahahaha.
As usual, excellent help on this forum, thanks folks!

Back