1965 Sport Fury windshield trim clip removal

red72

Reaction score
Do I need to remove the rear windshield to remove the trim retaining clips?

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

I thought that was the case. I have never removed a windshield before but I'm not afraid to tackle it. Any good tips as to how to remove it safely? My wife would be pissed if I broke it, it's her car after all.

I believe these are installed with a rubber gasket and don't know if it will survive the removal process. Get a line on a replacement as well.

It is held in by a gasket. Best bet is to source a new gasket in advance the cut it out carefully. It’s doable but tough.

Ross is correct these gaskets are easy to get. Warning though, the easy part is taking it out. I would seriously recommend you check sites out on how to install. The windows will crack very easily so take your time reinstalling and don’t force it. Good luck. By the way these windows aren’t overly expensive.

Ross is correct these gaskets are easy to get. Warning though, the easy part is taking it out. I would seriously recommend you check sites out on how to install. The windows will crack very easily so take your time reinstalling and don’t force it. Good luck. By the way these windows aren’t overly expensive.
Thank you! That is what I am scared of, breaking it and not being able to find a replacement... I think I will call a glass place before we get started :)

I am sure you will find one. Found the front windshield for my 66 without much problems and it was reasonably priced.

Back