Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
ICON4x4 • INVENTORY

ICON_Dodge_D200_F34_Star1.JPG

$300,000
This magnificent truck is one of the all-time most popular and famous ICON Reformer custom builds. Fusing the best of modern Ram trucks with the timeless style of the rare 1965 US Air force Crew Cab body. Concours quality resto-mod. Ground up restored. Rock solid and reliable 975 lbs. torque Dodge Cummins turbo diesel modified by industry legend, Gale Banks of Banks Performance, six speed manual transmission, two speed 4x4 transfer case. Kore suspension, Centerforce clutch, Hutchinson beadlock wheels with 37” BF Goodrich tires. Rolls Royce Wilton wool carpet, hemmed in Bison. Parabellum Collection Bison seats and headliner. Seat belts for six. P/S, A/C, Banks IQ engine management touch screen cleverly integrated into the articulating dash ash tray. Tilt steering, high end Focal and JL Audio based audio system controlled through the stock AM radio knobs, with iDevice anchor in glove box. All custom CNC’ed stainless trim (mirrors, badges, handles, knobs…). Architectural tinted glass. Absolutely world class and irreplaceable at this price. Comissioning client regretfully selling...

And it probably still whistles, rattles, squeaks and rides like an old Dodge. $300,000? No. Who are those guys?

ICON is a big name in custom cars and trucks. They built this truck three years ago. Haven't budged on their price, either. It's quite a fantastic Power Wagon, but not $300K large.

For that money, I seriously doubt that there ARE any rattles, squeaks, and whistles. Nothing at all stock about the driveline, chassis, or very much else.

$2500.....

Nice truck....but

Probably can build one for $30k and still have beer money left over.

I like these old trucks the way the factory built them. The wheels are too big for the wheel arches on this one. The radio sounds impressive thou...

The point is this, if you want your 2016 RAM 3500 to look like a 1965 truck, add another $225k to the RAM sticker.

$2500.....

Nice truck....but

Probably can build one for $30k and still have beer money left over.

I challenge anyone to find a slick '61 -'71 Power Wagon for anything less than ten grand these days. Even 4x2 trucks are more often than not $5K+ for a runner needing work. Finding a runner that is worth doing anything to for less than $2,500 is near impossible. This ain't 1997 anymore, boys and girls!

I challenge anyone to find a slick '61 -'71 Power Wagon for anything less than ten grand these days. Even 4x2 trucks are more often than not $5K+ for a runner needing work. Finding a runner that is worth doing anything to for less than $2,500 is near impossible. This ain't 1997 anymore, boys and girls!

For Sale 1970 D-200 Camper Special 383 4-speed with AC Scarebird disc brakes, almost rust free. Make offer.
2011-08-13_002.jpg

Alan

So, what are you asking for it? $2,500??? I don't do "make offer" deals. What do you want for it?

Like with Ford and GM, a Dodge 3/4-ton isn't gonna bring the same money as an otherwise equal 1/2-ton.

The shop that's painting my Polara just got a 1963 Power Wagon crew cab. Check out Labrecque Auto Craft when you get a chance. Some very nice rides come out of that shop. PS. Alan, great photo of the pick up at the drive in.
Tom.

For Sale 1970 D-200 Camper Special 383 4-speed with AC Scarebird disc brakes, almost rust free. Make offer.
2011-08-13_002.jpg

Alan

If I was in the market for a classic truck... this would really do it for me. Especially being 3/4 ton... Its a truck and you don't plan to lower it heavier suspension and brakes is the way to go. Parts will probably suck to pay for though... 3/4 is usually lots more for brake parts.

I remember the 3/4 tons for one reason, without 2 pallets of cinder block in the bed, they road like Conestoga wagons.

I remember the 3/4 tons for one reason, without 2 pallets of cinder block in the bed, they road like Conestoga wagons.

My 1964 3/4 ton crew cab rides like a dream, I've driven it 500 miles in a day with no fatigue. It's just a bear to parallel park though. (Armstrong power steering).

Very cool truck. I love the nickel plate accessories. I'm sure it's built well but it's hard to justify the $300k pricetag. Buy the 3/4 ton pictured above and spend 15k on a Cummins conversion and be done. Id leave it orginal..

They don't expect to get 300k, it's just a ploy to get someone to make a stupid offer, that turns out to be beyond full retail.

The crew cabs I remember were old rail road trucks, painted yellow. You couldn't give them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back