WANTED 1966 1965 300 or Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.
C6344DA4-A330-49A7-A5DF-F61E1E728F3E.jpeg

Yep. That’s her. I drove it home from Modesto to where I live in Groveland. Bout an hour away. She needs to be cleaned up and gone over but I recently started it up because I had to move it the other day. Like I said I have no paperwork for it. It will have to be towed to dmv to get inspection. I’m guessing vin verification because it’s not in dmv records anymore.

When is the good guys show happening? I’ve yet to make it to one

Here’s a video of it running. Like I said it’s a clean driver but in no way is it mint. I’ll let her go for a good price if you’re interested

Yep. That’s her. I drove it home from Modesto to where I live in Groveland. Bout an hour away. She needs to be cleaned up and gone over but I recently started it up because I had to move it the other day. Like I said I have no paperwork for it. It will have to be towed to dmv to get inspection. I’m guessing vin verification because it’s not in dmv records anymore.

When is the good guys show happening? I’ve yet to make it to one

Thanks for the offer ill keep it in mind, but like I said Im still pretty set on the coupe. Is that the original paint? Looks good why not keep it?

GoodGuys is next month in Pleasanton at the Alameda County Fair grounds , June 2nd and 3rd. If you get the chance you should check it out, tons of parts at the swap meet, tons of cars for sales, live track events, food etc. At least it was pretty packed when I went in 2016, I think It was the 50th or 51st anniversary or something though.

sevilx- I saw this a couple a weeks ago. If it's a true 65 300L car, it might be worth picking it up for $2700 obo. From the grille and trunk emblems, red color on the trim, I think it is. The problem is the current owner doesn't or didn't care. His earlier ad had pics of the interior, looks like he hacked up the transmission tunnel to try and fit a 5 speed in there.

1965 Chrysler 300 2 door big block 383

sevilx- I saw this a couple a weeks ago. If it's a true 65 300L car, it might be worth picking it up for $2700 obo. From the grille and trunk emblems, red color on the trim, I think it is. The problem is the current owner doesn't or didn't care. His earlier ad had pics of the interior, looks like he hacked up the transmission tunnel to try and fit a 5 speed in there.

1965 Chrysler 300 2 door big block 383

Thanks I saw that one too. Im strictly looking for a 66 , but I guess the only reason why I want a 66 is for the grille ... Is it possible to swap a 66 grille onto a 65? well I guess anything is possible ..I guess my question is, is it easy to do?

This car looks somewhat solid, looks like a decent project ... I think he's been trying to sell it for around a month now. Didn't even notice the red..

As for craigslist , nothing on craigslist is going to get by me , I check it almost everyday and any time I have the chance to haha. Im thoroughly checking google and the internet for that matter. I was more hopping this thread will get the attention of of forum members who are in CA or at least close by, who have 66's for sale.

couple months back I spotted a clean 2door black 66 Newport for 5000 obo...
had a bad trans , electrical issue , and possibly a bad radiator ... according to the owner. he also had it repainted by his friends and the interior was old.
I didn't have money at the time but it was a decent deal I guess...sort of regret passing it up.
And same thing happened to me around a year ago, spotted a decent 2dr 66 grey 300 ..but again I passed up the thing. Ive basically been searching for a 66 2dr for almost two years lol

Last edited:
One will pop up. Just keep looking. And if you need a parts car I got you covered :thumbsup:

still don't have a Chrysler :( ... bump

WTB ONLY A
Chrysler 2 door hard top
65 or 66
Newport or 300
with bench seat.

Im in CA but willing to travel.

So I found this car

it's a 1966 Chrysler 300..price is a little steep, but i spoke to the dealer and hes looking into working out a deal for me.

Just wondering what you guys think ? $19,000 for a mostly restored Big block 440 300?
Does the motor sound like it runs decent from the video? I thought the paint job was a little weird but I'd prob eventually have it fixed back to gold. I have an original paint code sheet.

So I found this car

it's a 1966 Chrysler 300..price is a little steep, but i spoke to the dealer and hes looking into working out a deal for me.

Just wondering what you guys think ? $19,000 for a mostly restored Big block 440 300?
Does the motor sound like it runs decent from the video? I thought the paint job was a little weird but I'd prob eventually have it fixed back to gold. I have an original paint code sheet.

Its good you found a '66 car. The '66 is a better car than the '65. There is a lot more parts interchangeability with the '66 and later C-Body cars through at least '68 and maybe up to '73. The '65 has a bunch of one-year-only attributes such as different motor mounts, cable shift transmission and quarter panel mounted side-fill gas tank.

You are right about the price. Nineteen is way too high. The car does appear to be a nice one with good options (440, A/C, etc.). You should get someone to inspect the car (if you are not familiar with C-Bodies) - especially for the presence of ANY rust in the floors, cowl, quarters and trunk pan / floor. If the car checks out, I would start with an offer of 10K and go from there. If you can retain most of the original gold paint, its still gonna cost about four to five grand to properly fix the paint. Since it appears the quarters were the only panels that were repainted, I would carefully look at the quarters for the existence of bondo-repaired rust issues under that new paint.

Its good you found a '66 car. The '66 is a better car than the '65. There is a lot more parts interchangeability with the '66 and later C-Body cars through at least '68 and maybe up to '73. The '65 has a bunch of one-year-only attributes such as different motor mounts, cable shift transmission and quarter panel mounted side-fill gas tank.

You are right about the price. Nineteen is way too high. The car does appear to be a nice one with good options (440, A/C, etc.). You should get someone to inspect the car (if you are not familiar with C-Bodies) - especially for the presence of ANY rust in the floors, cowl, quarters and trunk pan / floor. If the car checks out, I would start with an offer of 10K and go from there. If you can retain most of the original gold paint, its still gonna cost about four to five grand to properly fix the paint. Since it appears the quarters were the only panels that were repainted, I would carefully look at the quarters for the existence of bondo-repaired rust issues under that new paint.

Cool I didn't know that about the 66. Honestly I like the 65 300 grille better , but interchangeability is more helpful than a stylish grille ..so id rather go with the 66.

No way is the dealer going to go for 10k , I would love a 10k deal but i highly doubt any dealer would take off over 50% of the asking price. BTW the asking price is 23,000 before tax before shipping ..sorry i forgot to add that in. i offered 19..

and on inspecting the car, im way ahead of you everytime i check a car or motorcycle i do a thorough inspection of the vehicle, whether or not that requires me getting under the car and dirty.
Your'e right to point out that the fenders could possible have been refurbished or previously rusted...
Would I be able to just get behind the panels to look for signs of rust?

The '65 has a bunch of one-year-only attributes such as different motor mounts, cable shift transmission and quarter panel mounted side-fill gas tank.
That side-fill gastank is 65 fury, other 65s have rear fill. Agree with everything else, though.
More 65-66 differences:
door locks, steering columns, consoles and floorshift (due to cable-shifted trans), all body panels except for the roof, windshield wiper motor (I was surprised to learn that last year).

Sevilx -
Are you wanting a bench seat specifically, or just a non-console car? Most 300s will have buckets with a buddy seat (which serves as an armrest) or a console, but not a true bench seat.

If wanting a 2dr, there are New Yorker coupes out there, kinda rare, but some have bench seats in them. The roofline on them is unlike any other 2dr C-body, was used 65-66 NY coupe only, so check out some profile pics before you buy!

If you want a 66 300, be aware that the TS lenses in the front bumper and the rear taillights are 66-specific, and 300 specific - so pricey and hard to find. Make sure your car has good ones!

That side-fill gastank is 65 fury, other 65s have rear fill. Agree with everything else, though.
More 65-66 differences:
door locks, steering columns, consoles and floorshift (due to cable-shifted trans), all body panels except for the roof, windshield wiper motor (I was surprised to learn that last year).

Sevilx -
Are you wanting a bench seat specifically, or just a non-console car? Most 300s will have buckets with a buddy seat (which serves as an armrest) or a console, but not a true bench seat.

If wanting a 2dr, there are New Yorker coupes out there, kinda rare, but some have bench seats in them. The roofline on them is unlike any other 2dr C-body, was used 65-66 NY coupe only, so check out some profile pics before you buy!

If you want a 66 300, be aware that the TS lenses in the front bumper and the rear taillights are 66-specific, and 300 specific - so pricey and hard to find. Make sure your car has good ones!

im okay with the buddy bench ... just a non console. Im not interested in the New Yorker body .

Just 1965-1967 300 or Newport . At first I wasn't considering the 67, but I like the 300 67. I actually prefer the 300's over the Newports. Ive been searching for a Chrysler for about a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back