1966 300 Upholstery

Yes and no. There is also SMS who will reproduce it for you with a notoriously long turn time (years). Or they will sell you original material and you have have a local shop make it for you. This is the route I will be going. These options are for factory reproduction interiors.

If you're not worried about being factory original, a local shop could make what you want.

Yes and that sounds about right. If you get a good upholstery guy they can reproduce the seat covers, but the good ones you may wait that long too, but worth looking into.

One reason I like the upholstery shop is the stitching in the seats are real and have so much more covering material to choose from.

I already have the door panels going. I bought pearl white vinyl from legendary so they would match the seats.
You need to start a thread with pictures, we love picture here :) and in the pearl white it will look outstanding.

I already have the door panels going. I bought pearl white vinyl from legendary so they would match the seats.

I had Legendary refurb my seats and install their upholstery on them - all in Pearl White. The interior is all done - except for the door panels / cards. Do I understand you to say you are doing your door panels yourself? If so, I would be very interested in seeing the process.

Yes I'm doing the door panels myself. It's a lot of work. I have a clicker press for cutting holes in the new boards along with the other specialized tools needed. Whatever they get for door panels it's worth it.

Would you be interested in doing two panels for me?

I'm sorry I'm way too busy with my regular leatherwork. I've been spending an hour or two extra in the shop at the end of the day just to get mine done. I don't do auto upholstery usually. Just on my own things. I stick with motorcycle upholstery and hand tooled leatherwork.

I understand. . . I was hoping to find some way around having to deal with SMS and their years long lead time.

Is SMS doing them for Legendary?

I don't think so. Legendary does do some panels, but not for my '66 300. For now, SMS is and has been the only game in town for door panel restoration. Their work is supposed to be fabulous, but paying them full up front and then waiting two years to get your panels is just not right. They lie to you saying the work will take six to eight months and then string you along all along the way. Like you, I'm thinking of trying to do my panels myself, but it is a scary proposition for me. Hopefully, you'll post some photos of the work you perform on your panels, and then, I can follow your lead.

Duane, I had a local guy do mine. He came to the house pulled the seats and brought them back looking right. Turn around was about three weeks and they look great. pricing was surprisingly low too.

Back