1966 C-Body (Polara) front suspension Lower ball joint

Henrique

Reaction score
I have just ordered a MOOG K781 - passenger side lower ball joint for my 1966 Polara (383 engine). After doing some additional research I found out that the correct part number is the MOOG K7003.
From the pictures, both look very similar and the K7003 is not listed on MOOG`s website and very hard to find.
Anyone knows what if they are interchangeable or what would be the difference?
Thanks!

Moog lower ball joints aren't made anymore. The 7003 can only be had second hand. The 781 isn't close, so it won't work. Rare Parts may have a lower ball joint for you.

The K781 & K783 are for " B " and " E " body --- and are Toys compared to the " C "
Body Lower Ball Joints.....

The K 7003 & K 7005 --- A R E --- the " C " Body Lower Ball Joints --- but have been discontinued by MOOG more than twenty (20) years ago......

A lot of people on this site know that I have had the U.S.A.made Lower Ball Joints for $ 99.00 each plus actual shipping or F R E E pick up.....
Rare Parts will be much more expensive....

P.M. me, of interested, as per forum rules, Craig.....

Thanks Scott.
Any other option other than trying to find a used 7003?
The 781 that I ordered should arrive sometime next week... I need to replace the lower ball joint to get the car pass safety inspection.

Thanks Scott.
Any other option other than trying to find a used 7003?
The 781 that I ordered should arrive sometime next week... I need to replace the lower ball joint to get the car pass safety inspection.
Not used, just from someone who a one they don't need.

Scott / Locumob,
Did you forget that you have a pair of them on your order for Chryslers @
Carlisle for F R E E pickup ???

I was to be calling you next week to go over your entire order to see what
you want this year......

Yours, Craig.....

I doubt sincerely that Chryslers @ Carlisle ---- in Carlisle, Pennsylvania is
10 minutes from where you live --- unless you have your own personal Jetson's style space craft.....L O L.......

You COULD pick it / them up at Chryslers @ Carlisle for F R E E pick up, but that show is still four (4) weeks away.....

I see that you just P.M.'Ed me --- see you over there.... Craig.....

Hi Craig. I am sorry for the confusion. There are some members that are in Ontario, Canada and are very close to where I am.
Carlisle (ONTARIO) in about 10 minutes from my place. Pennsylvania will take a few extra gallons of gas to get there.

No confusion on my part --- I saw the " ON " ---- I know what that means....

I have been sending items for various vehicles (I do G M , Ford , & others),
From Ottawa, through Ontario, to Edmonton, to Victoria Island..

My parts have gone to / spanned CANADA from virtually Coast to Coast....

Quality parts have no parameters --- I send to Sweden, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, and more......

Last edited:
Scott / Locumob,
Did you forget that you have a pair of them on your order for Chryslers @
Carlisle for F R E E pickup ???

I was to be calling you next week to go over your entire order to see what
you want this year......

Yours, Craig.....
No, well, maybe. I was calling to see where things are at, it's been busy the last month or two and I don't remember all that I should. My phone is always on.

Hey Scott / Locumob,,
Today , I have 30,000 things to do also ---
And with June teenth --- no bank, no post office, and can't pick up an order --- that all has to go on tomorrow's slate.....

I will talk to you in the next 24 to 48 ......
Yours, Craig.... SKOL VIKINGS!!!

I have just ordered a MOOG K781 - passenger side lower ball joint for my 1966 Polara (383 engine). After doing some additional research I found out that the correct part number is the MOOG K7003.
From the pictures, both look very similar and the K7003 is not listed on MOOG`s website and very hard to find.
Anyone knows what if they are interchangeable or what would be the difference?
Thanks!
If you want new Moog ball joint’s I have them and can bring them to Carlisle. $230.00 for a pair. K 7003 & K 7005.

Back