NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler New Yorker - $5,000 (Merced)

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
not mine
1966 Chrysler New Yorker - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...
01616_bw67mLPEEjqz_0bV0pO_600x450.jpg

00m0m_fYabDaf82k8z_0bV0pO_600x450.jpg

00k0k_e6FDt3W2Eihz_0jm08W_600x450.jpg

00505_8utrVjoz4Mhz_0jm08W_600x450.jpg

00y0y_bXL865quDxxz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg

00q0q_inwyE0flvNJz_0jm08W_600x450.jpg

Selling 1966 Chrysler New Yorker. This was a barn find, sat in a covered barn for 45 years. I have replaced water pump, fuel pump, radiator rebuilt (original radiator) all hoses & belts are new, new plugs, wires & points, new tires. I got the car running but it has a lifter tick. I have a brand new set of Lunati lifters, All that is needed is a set of head gaskets and intake gaskets. The car has 78000 Original miles! Even the A.M. radio still works!! This is a 2 dr. hardtop with bucket seats. Interior is still great. ZERO RUST ON THIS CAR!!!
I absolutely LOVE this car, I just dont have the time or resources ($$) to finish it. As with any 50 year old car, it will need some T.L.C. to make it perfect but this is a VERY SOLID starting point for someone that wants a Classic to work with. It has a 440 cu. in. engine and auto trans.
I will send photos of what car looks like now... sorry, didnt have them at time of post

Last edited:
Something does not compute here. $5k only? If there is no rust and the interior is as nice as the pics suggest, this should be a good deal — regardless of the engine. What am I missing?

@Ripinator @Ross Wooldridge @Mike66Chryslers @Old 66 Yorker @azblackhemi @ascari @BLIMP @Mclovin @66Newyorker @John Kirby @uwood1955 @bigmoparjeff @detmatt @Imperialist67

Looks like the price is about right. From the wording in the ad, I can't tell if the top end of the engine is apart or intact. He mentions the need for head gaskets, etc. Car is well-optioned with A/C, TT steering wheel and reclining passenger seat. If I was in Cali (and didn't already have three '66 300s), I'd be loaded up and on my way to see this car. . .

From the wording in the ad it sounds like the engine is together and running, but has a ticking lifter. He mentions needing intake and head gaskets to install new lifters. Car is priced accordingly for the mechanical work required? I think the seller doesn't realize that you don't have to remove the heads to get to the valvetrain on a 440 though. So yeah, this may be a good deal for someone.

It looks like the car cleaned-up pretty well once he got it out of the barn. Looks like there are a number of small dings and paint chips. Would be a bit concerned about the condition of the underside. Was the barn floor damp? I can't tell if that's dirt or concrete from the picture.

The odds are very good that the mileage is not accurate because the odometer is broken, so actual mileage unknown. The telltale sign is that all the digits on the trip meter are the same.

The thing that would bother me most from the ad is "I will send photos of what car looks like now... sorry, didnt have them at time of post." Ok, so are these all old pictures? does it now look better or worse than what we can see in the ad?

Negative.
I was in contact with the seller. Got more pictures and the skinny on the 66. My brother-in-law lives right down the street. Gave a courtesy call before stopping by to inspect the vehicle.
Dude told him he sold it yesterday to someone out of Vegas.

Nice to see cars still going for reasonable prices. Now, of it went to a flipper, that's too bad. But for people who know what they want, you snooze, you lose. Gotta be quick on the trigger.

Back