NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler New Yorker Town Sedan - $2,500 - ?,Arkansas

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 2 days old.

1966 Chrysler New Yorker Town Sedan - $2,500 - ?,Arkansas

CL Description

title status: lien
Project car. 2,500 OBO. Odometer exempt. Engine does Not run, but is not locked up. TNT 4-40.
00l0l_iUI7A5UyXgLz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_ehC9OoE4Mhwz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_h2ighStK2JRz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_9pEOGGn8KVOz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Quite an unusual car.

Don't know if I've ever seen a TNT in a '66 sedan before. Very few sedans were equipped with disc brakes too.

Jeff

Quite an unusual car.

Don't know if I've ever seen a TNT in a '66 sedan before. Very few sedans were equipped with disc brakes too.

Jeff
Agreed, but it is a NYer TOWN sedan though. Someone apparently knew just what they wanted when they ordered this. They wanted the top of the line Chrysler, but didn't want a hardtop. Maybe they had bad experiences with wind noise or water intrusion in a previous hardtop.

I wish there were interior pictures so we can see what other interesting options it has. I see A/C, HD radiator, tinted glass, front bumperettes, power antenna, 2-tone paint, but not the remote adjustable drivers mirror. They also did not spring for the stainless rocker trim, which was standard on other NYers but optional on the Town Sedan.

Wondering whether it could have the remote trunk release, as it seems I see 2 hoses next to the power brake booster. It has also the rear power antenna, and the bumper guards. Well, 1 one only, the right one probably fell off when the bumper was hit.

Of course someone could have added the TNT air cleaner later. With the fender tag missing there is no way to know for sure without a buildsheet or sales documentation. In 1966 all 440s had VIN 5th digit 'J'. They didn't have the HP exhaust manifolds until 1967, just the usual logs. The engine wouldn't have been stamped with "HP" because internally the 1966 TNT was the same as a regular 440, including the cam.

Back