1966 Chrysler value

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you think a fair price would be for this car.383 all original.Was purchased for engine and transmission...not car itself.No other photos or info yet.Will be having conversation with owner tonight if lucky.Not officially for sale yet.I presume that it has rust in all the usual places as it is in the Northeast.I would want it for a driver, not a restoration.Just trying to get a feel for what's fair to start with.Many thanks.

66 newport.jpg

View attachment 268499

Hey guys, what do you think a fair price would be for this car.383 all original.Was purchased for engine and transmission...not car itself.No other photos or info yet.Will be having conversation with owner tonight if lucky.Not officially for sale yet.I presume that it has rust in all the usual places as it is in the Northeast.I would want it for a driver, not a restoration.Just trying to get a feel for what's fair to start with.Many thanks.

View attachment 268498

View attachment 268499

I'm confused. Are you planning to buy the car without the engine and transmission?

Hard to tell from just one picture. But even on there you can see rustholes close to the rearwheel and another hole at the bottomtip of the rearwheelhousing.
So you want to inspect it for more holes which will probably be all over the place. Price depends on wether the drivetrain is still in there and working properly,
is the interior still there and if it is in which condition ? Could be everything from 500 to 5000 $ depending on these things

I have no answers yet...just trying to get a baseline for our conversation.Would try to get with drivetrain as I have a source for a pair of 383's.

A 1966 two-door hardtop 300, just left outside like that - I can't stand it - I think it might even be turbine bronze........

I would view through the lense of buying it for a parts car.figure in you mind what you could sell most of the parts for and go from there. That is really going to be what the current owner is thinking. It was a donor for his project and I doubt he would see otherwize.

A serious question for you sir. What do you feel is a fair price for it in it's present state?? One picture, really? I'll start at 500. Good Luck

Missing the running gear, depends on extent of the rust, what's left of the interior etc. I'm at $250. You're times worth something to disassemble and sell parts, besides dragging it home.

Missing the running gear, depends on extent of the rust, what's left of the interior etc. I'm at $250. You're times worth something to disassemble and sell parts, besides dragging it home.
$250? Come on!:wtf:

You want to go and take a good look at the car. N.E. vehicles often have rusty frame rails and will usually have extensive rust on all of the floor sheet metal as well. Can see rust at the front of the rear wheel wells. Extensive rust on the cowl or frame rails usually means that you are looking at the car for parts, not a restoration project. If the engine is for sale in the car, does it turn over or is it stuck tight? Some stuck engines are rebuildable, some are not, so consider what you would pay for the car accordingly. With a stuck engine and rusty frame rails, this car is probably not worth over $750.

Dave

Lot of "IF's" the only way to know is lay eyeballs on it. Part of the fun is the negotiation and coming away satisfied with the outcome.

That’s less insulting.

Really I think it depends on the condition of the shell.
If it is too far gone then it would make a decent parts donor & if dragging it home doesn't cost too much, then a buyer could not only help others out here and also put a few bucks for the effort of parting it out provided they have time and ambition.

Back