For Sale 1966 Chrysler Windsor (Newport) 2dr hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw this one located on Vancouver Island.
$8000 CDN, approximately $6000 USD

1966 Chrysler Windsor (Newport) 2dr hardtop | classic cars | Nanaimo | Kijiji

This is the second yellow one that I've seen in the past two days.
$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

Very nice!

Nice one! I used to run into those in the PNW and BC all the time. I don't know how they held up on the island but if you found one on the lower mainland that hadn't been parked under a tree or used as a farm truck, they were generally straight and solid. That one looks to hold true to my memories of BC C Bodies.

As seen in Goodfellas:

I'd go for this one because:

1) Screw with people in the US who don't know what a "Windsor" is. Then I'd ask them to name a Canadian city south of the US.

2) Great year and colors.

3) Yes, painted roofs were a thing.

I'm SO STOKED. She's in Texas still awaiting shipment in April! It's like waiting for Christmas morning but I know what I'm getting.

Shipment?!? You need to go and drive that car back to Connecticut. The trip would be a good shake-down for the trip to Carlisle in July.

Shipment?!? You need to go and drive that car back to Connecticut. The trip would be a good shake-down for the trip to Carlisle in July.
I wanted to do just that but realized that the money for lodging, fuel, flight to and time spent in Texas getting it road ready would be pretty far above the cost of shipping. I know for a fact that first thing will be ripping down to the timing chain, replacing it and a few other components and locating a leak in the trans. This way, she gets to the door, parts are in the garage waiting, I rip in and am ready to go by may.. Carlisle here I come.

Factory painted roof? I wonder... Still, it looks nice :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure Canada offered vinyl roofs for these cars (Bill can confirm this), but this was an alternative to it. Don't know off the top of my head which was more expensive (paint or vinyl) but the cars with vinyl roofs didn't get paint which really helped with the rust underneath the vinyl years later.

I'm pretty sure Canada offered vinyl roofs for these cars (Bill can confirm this), but this was an alternative to it. Don't know off the top of my head which was more expensive (paint or vinyl) but the cars with vinyl roofs didn't get paint which really helped with the rust underneath the vinyl years later.

I thought it was pretty common to have a painted top mmm
IMG_1841.JPG

So is this combination relatively rare?

Nice car gjs, wish you best of luck with it, looks great from the picture.
Thanks man! From what I've seen she's a very decent #'s matching survivor. Needs a little TLC being that she's up over 100,000 and hasn't had enough attention in the past few years .. the attention she's had, including burn through with a buffer wheel touched up with a very wrong color, has been sloppy. That being said, she's got everything I wanted and I'm more than happy to put in the work!

Thanks man! From what I've seen she's a very decent #'s matching survivor. Needs a little TLC being that she's up over 100,000 and hasn't had enough attention in the past few years .. the attention she's had, including burn through with a buffer wheel touched up with a very wrong color, has been sloppy. That being said, she's got everything I wanted and I'm more than happy to put in the work!

I hope to see it someday at one of the car shows in Connecticut, it reminds me a lot of the 67 sport fury fast top I used to own, your quarter panels look nice and solid, mine were a nightmare on the 67 I had layered with years of bondo, but was able to find a set of quarter patch panels at auto body specialties in Middletown years back. Had bought it from the original owner in Bridgeport.

I hope to see it someday at one of the car shows in Connecticut, it reminds me a lot of the 67 sport fury fast top I used to own, your quarter panels look nice and solid, mine were a nightmare on the 67 I had layered with years of bondo, but was able to find a set of quarter patch panels at auto body specialties in Middletown years back. Had bought it from the original owner in Bridgeport.
You'll see her this summer, I'm sure! I've always loved the fasttops, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back