For Sale 1966 Dodge Plymouth fury 1 - $1400 (Newark Nj)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_9548.JPG
Not mine:

1966 Dodge Plymouth fury 1

1966 Dodge Plymouth fury 1
Rare 2 DOOR with V8 motor
Automatic Transmission
No title
1500 or best offer must go
Hardtop
Great for parts
Please call at any time at this number: (973) 445-1780

I don't know how I missed this one, must'ta been the Dodge/Plymouth hybrid...
Here's the rest of the crap pictures.

01212_aSFzUgRyQrj_1200x900.jpg

00202_gqQM9t4kIps_1200x900.jpg

01313_7Y3mnbZKPst_1200x900.jpg

00303_2xUH2UHRMY4_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_1wNdr4lIZsA_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_gAgPHIAZ9Wm_1200x900.jpg

00808_2KWTI34pXLV_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_8ueWAesxZur_1200x900.jpg

Just spoke to the owner by phone. He owns a repair shop and got this from an estate sale 15 years ago.. ever since then it's been sitting parked outside. Hasn't been started for at least that long. Trunk lock has been popped and is missing. No spare or jack. Half of the 2 piece front grille is off and inside the car with the headlight bezel.
Chrome on rear bumper is peeling. Someone "lived" in the car for a few years while it was parked. "Some rust" on bottoms of rear quarters. Apparently the rest of the panels are solid. Floor and trunk I don't know. Missing a wheel. More photos of interior, etc coming soon. Says he will also lift it up and photo the underside. May go out and look myself if photos don't disappoint. Will go for scrap if no one wants her.

Last edited:
May go out and look myself if photos don't disappoint. Will go for scrap if no one wants her.
Did you get a chance to go look at it? Be a shame to let it go for scrap. The tail light bezels for a Fury I are virtually impossible to find. If it was in the west I would grab it at that price.

Just spoke to the owner by phone. He owns a repair shop and got this from an estate sale 15 years ago.. ever since then it's been sitting parked outside. Hasn't been started for at least that long. Trunk lock has been popped and is missing. No spare or jack. Half of the 2 piece front grille is off and inside the car with the headlight bezel.
Chrome on rear bumper is peeling. Someone "lived" in the car for a few years while it was parked. "Some rust" on bottoms of rear quarters. Apparently the rest of the panels are solid. Floor and trunk I don't know. Missing a wheel. More photos of interior, etc coming soon. Says he will also lift it up and photo the underside. May go out and look myself if photos don't disappoint. Will go for scrap if no one wants her.
Treats the car like crap with zero interest in it and when it finally starts getting in his way he thinks it's worth something.

Did you get a chance to go look at it? Be a shame to let it go for scrap. The tail light bezels for a Fury I are virtually impossible to find. If it was in the west I would grab it at that price.
Hey 1Fury1, I haven't gone to see it yet. Still waiting on photos. Just talked with him a minute ago and pics should be coming this afternoon. It's an easy hop on the subway/PATH train for me to go see it.. 22 minutes from Manhattan/World Trade Center across the river to Newark.

Last edited:
So, he sent pics.. here they are.
Looks like a very solid car. Only rust is along bottom of rear quarters. Solid floors, solid trunk. Interior is dirty but all there. All outside chrome trim pieces are there, in trunk and passenger compartment.
Three of the original wheels/rims are there. Air cleaner is missing, unless that's in the trunk too. Radiator looks like it was replaced at some point. Needs a trunk lock.

Mechanically? It's anyone's guess.
Why this guy never even bothered to run her once over 12 years is beyond me.

Going over there to get eyes on it and possibly working out a deal is next. This guy claims it'll pay $600. for scrap. No title. I think $300 is what he'll really get for scrap.
I'm prepared to offer him $500 to take it away.

What do you guys think?
I'll need to find a wheel and get her flatbedded.. where I'm not sure. GG is in Connecticut for about another 10 days, so I have her spot for that long.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 187089

View attachment 187091

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9617.PNG

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

Last edited:
Yea $500 is appropriate IMO. From the look of that rear bumper I can't believe the floors & trunk pan are all that good. Make sure you bring rubber gloves and a mask if your going to do some poking around in that interior to check the floors. NYC/NJ Metro area, could be junkie infested beware. Tell'em to keep the radiator if you need some bargaining power.
Good Luck!

Yea $500 is appropriate IMO. From the look of that rear bumper I can't believe the floors & trunk pan are all that good. Make sure you bring rubber gloves and a mask if your going to do some poking around in that interior to check the floors. NYC/NJ Metro area, could be junkie infested beware. Tell'em to keep the radiator if you need some bargaining power.
Good Luck!
Thanks.
I'll poke alright-- ice pick, gloves and dusk mask indeed!
Maybe the "junkie resident" got out and pissed behind the car everyday, and over time the ammonia rose up/splashed up causing corrosion on the rear bumper, lmfao. The owner claims there is no evidence of "piss or ****" inside the car. And the front bumper isn't like that.
Anyone have advice on assessing the motor while I'm there? I'm thinking just get it out and deal with getting her running later. The plan is to replace the 318 with a 440 Commando, most likely a crate motor. Although, I would love to enjoy the 318 for a little stretch first.. if I can get it to run.
She'll be something special & fun to "rat-rod" around town in as a daily driver! I can make little improvements along the way. She's got power steering and manual drums, which are fine with me.

Last edited:
Anyone have advice on assessing the motor while I'm there?

A breaker bar and big socket, if it spins you don't want him to know. If he won't make a effort to fire her up consider it frozen. He did say it was a repair shop?

We.Can.Repair.Everything.Knock.jpg

It does look pretty straight overall. Not sure why the dark coloured engine bay. Could be a decent foundation for a project, and if he wants it gone you just might get it for a G note.

Do you guys know what size socket I'll need on a '66 318 crankshaft bolt?
Same size as my '67 383?

Last edited:
This guy claims it'll pay $600. for scrap. No title. I think $300 is what he'll really get for scrap.
I'm prepared to offer him $500 to take it away.

What do you guys think?
Scrap prices are in the toilet. 300 is correct if not 200.
Walk away at 501.

Do you guys know what size socket I'll need on a '66 318 crankshaft bolt?
Same size as my '67 383?
Should be. IIRC, 1 1/4" or is it 1 1/8"

Everybody here is always enthusiastic and encouraging about a project car and it's all very well meaning. Let me toss some reality in the mix and be the devil's advocate.

This is a project... A big project at that. It's going to take time and money to bring it back to a car that runs and drives. Lot's of nights and weekends spent working. Projects sound great until you really get into them for the long haul.

You'll need space... Double the space that the car takes up as a minimum. Tools... Taking apart a car like this needs air tools and heat. Got a compressor and oxy-acetylene torchs? You may need a welder too. Then you'll need time and money. Lot's of time and I always figure to double the amount of money that you plan on spending. Farming out this work will bankrupt you fast... and give you ulcers.

Please, step back.... This is a parts car at best. If you want a project, I get it, but I also think this is your first foray into a project car. Buy something that runs and drives and doesn't need everything. Work on that car and get your feet wet. You can buy tools and whatever as you need them and be out having fun with the car rather than stuck in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back