NOT MINE 1966 dodge polara Convertible - $4500 (steubenville oh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not mine
View attachment 375912
View attachment 375913
View attachment 375914
View attachment 375915
01616_l0gGwgmz1fs_600x450.jpg

View attachment 375916
View attachment 375917

John, (67newport), took a look at this Polara for me today. Car is rough and rusty, needs engine, interior and top work. Likely a parts car.
Thanks for your time and effort John. I'm passing.

no problem just glad i could have been of some assistance
this came off in my hand.
upload_2020-5-23_0-13-25.jpeg

the lower molding is straight the body it attaches to isn't
upload_2020-5-23_0-15-19.jpeg

See, we stay off track here.
derailment-jpg.jpg

Now back to the seriousness of the topic, we see so many convertibles like this whether Chrysler, Dodge or Plymouth and with all the Trillions of dollars being thrown around to 'Stimulate' the economy just don't you think a little of that stimulus money could be directed to a "Save The Mopar Convertibles Foundation"?

I think a Billion would be sufficient.

Over & Out!

:lol:

(now where are all the 2 door sedans?)

[QUOTE="68PK21 440.6bbl,

Over & Out!

Over & Out is improper radio procedure.......

It's either over, which requires a response,
or out!. No response required.

Do you "roger" that? LOL. :lol::poke:

Whoops, another derailment.

Dammit now I gotta see what Tracy looks like- and also the windshield washer reservoir is no good so I don't want it

[QUOTE="68PK21 440.6bbl,

Over & Out!

Over & Out is improper radio procedure.......

It's either over, which requires a response,
or out!. No response required.

Do you "roger" that? LOL. :lol::poke:

Whoops, another derailment.

As a retired USAF aircrew and platform instructor, we trained the new kids out of tech school how to perform their new job on the jet. We hammered proper R/T into their squishy brains! As you mentioned about "over" & "out", another thing that would launch me into low earth orbit was "roger" and "wilco"...

Roger means you've understood the radio traffic passed. Wilco, or "will comply", indicates you understand and you will comply with the instructions of the last transmission.

So, one never uses "roger, wilco" together. Ever. Also "over and out!!"...unless it is part of a WWII movie script from the day.

If you ever say "Roger, wilco, over and out!"...you risk the violent wrath and eternal haranging of your instructors, classmates, and everyone you'll ever know from today forward!

Last edited:
As a retired USAF aircrew and platform instructor, we trained the new kids out of tech school how to perform their new job on the jet. We hammered proper R/T into their squishy brains! As you mentioned about "over" & "out", another thing that would launch me into low earth orbit was "roger" and "wilco"...

Roger means you've understood the radio traffic passed. Wilco, or "will comply", indicates you understand and you will comply with the instructions of the last transmission.

So, one never uses "roger, wilco" together. Ever. Also "over and out!!"...unless it is part of a WWII movie script from the day.

If you ever say "Roger, wilco, over and out!"...you risk the violent wrath and eternal haranging of your instructors, classmates, and everyone you'll ever know from today forward!

What did you fly? I'm (well I was) and aircraft mechanic by trade. Basically all Boeing heavies and some Scarebus as well. I had EASA (European) certs on the 777, 767 and 747 series. But I've worked the 787, 757 as well as Tristars, DC-10, Concorde and others.

I agree with what you are saying... Problem is, like everything in this new "I'll do it my way" mentality, the rules and basics are tossed for a "just get it done" mentality. So you'll hear Roger, Wilco... Or Yes... Or OK.. or anything in between. That's why so many mistakes are made during ground ops and taxiing.

Safe and sensible is derived from discipline and good practice.

this car is back on craigslist again now at $4000. to bad i cannot put the pics i have in the add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back