1966 dodge polara station wagon

66wagon

Reaction score
I inherited a 1966 Dodge polara station wagon with a 440. I would like to put a set of headers on it but I'm having trouble finding them. I really don't want to put more than 4 or 500 into headers. Any ideas

I inherited a 1966 Dodge polara station wagon with a 440. I would like to put a set of headers on it but I'm having trouble finding them. I really don't want to put more than 4 or 500 into headers. Any ideas

:welcome: .... why do you want to put headers on this car?

To Honor Stan, I will say. For Christ's sakes its a C body Wagon, Not a Roadrunner. Manifolds are fine.

Welcome BTW.

Last edited:
Hello from Minnesota. As a headers equipped 440 powered 66 Polara owner, I say why wouldn't you want headers on that car? I went with tti headers, but they are not cheap. You might get their uncoated ones for 500, but the coated ones go for a bit more.

I think headers will give you a few more horsepower and make it a little more efficient. plus there is a cool factor. Just my 2 cents. I believe I saw shorty headers on ebay. About $300? Don't know about quality or longevity though...

20160528_135454.jpg

nice wagon. tti is about the only source for c body headers and exhaust systems. they specialize only in mopar. I just bought the entire setup. ceramic coated headers and complete exhaust for my 66 fury wagon. comes with all the hangars clamps etc. not cheap.

That wagon looks awesome! I would have fun with that, simple mods to the engine, big and little tires, a slight rake, floor shifter and it's time to haul ***!

TTI seems to be very proud of their exhaust system over $700 for plain headers. The wagon has a mild built 440, 750 holley, purple cam. The transmission is getting rebuild. It needs a few more things msd, headers w/ dual exhaust and a gear ratio change. Was thinking 3.55

Just starting to install a TTi exhaust on my '65 Monaco, and all the rear brackets use no mounting holes so far. The tail pipe hangers, or the muffler hangers...
The brackets for the muffler hangers seemed to go on fine, other than it being a real pain to get a drill up over the top shock mounts to drill holes for them..
The rear hanger is supposed to go into the rear frame rail, but there is no hold there, and the supplied bolts are not long enough to go all the way through the frame rail. Did you run into this as well? I'm debating whether I should go all the way through and go buy longer bolts, or buy self tapping bolts and only go into one side of the frame rail?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Back