1966 Fury bumper swap?

FuryTom66

Reaction score
I am restoring a 1966 Sport Fury convertible. Purchased the car with no front or rear bumpers or brackets and having trouble locating any parts for these nearby. Would the bumpers and brackets off of any 1965, 1967 or 1968 C-body (Dodge, Plymouth or Chrysler) interchange and fit a 1966 Fury? Or anyone know specific models and years? Just trying to give myself more options and get anything for the time being until I come across a '66 Fury set. Almost ready for paint and the road in spring and would prefer to not be cruising around bumper-less haha.

I went through this with my 65.
The front bumpers on the 65-66 are the same.
The rear bumpers are almost the same, but the sides are cut at a little different angle to match the body lines.
I have a driver quality 65 front bumper and brackets, and a fiberglass 66 rear bumper for sale in FL, but the shipping would be a killer on that front, it's heavy.
The brand new glass rear bumper is $250 plus freight. The front is $150.

I went through this with my 65.
The front bumpers on the 65-66 are the same.
The rear bumpers are almost the same, but the sides are cut at a little different angle to match the body lines.
I have a driver quality 65 front bumper and brackets, and a fiberglass 66 rear bumper for sale in FL, but the shipping would be a killer on that front, it's heavy.
The brand new glass rear bumper is $250 plus freight. The front is $150.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen a few out there that can be shipped. Just looking for something nearby in driver quality shape I could use for the time being. Will be a nice ride when through but not show quality. Have a lot of other projects with the same amount of time and money involved and not saying this car is being done on the cheap but just trying to make-do with what's around. I know a guy who has quite a few 67-68 Dodge and Chrysler parts cars so that's why was wondering about other C-body years and model interchange as well. At least if I could get the brackets off those would make it easier tracking down the right bumpers too. But if I could use those bumpers as well temporarily would do that till I come across the right ones.

66 Fury had the fuel fill behind the license plate, 65 Fury had it on the driver side rear fender. You could manage a 66 bumper on a 65, but would have problems with a 65 bumper on a 66.
There is not likely to be much interchange between Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth (as far as body/fender items) because these lines were distinctly different back in the day-unlike today's cookie cutter designs...
jus sayin...

Tom I'm in for paint next month and will end up with an extra set of driver quality bumpers for a 66. Right in the Northernmost tip of VA?

Thanks for the reply. I've seen a few out there that can be shipped. Just looking for something nearby in driver quality shape I could use for the time being. Will be a nice ride when through but not show quality. Have a lot of other projects with the same amount of time and money involved and not saying this car is being done on the cheap but just trying to make-do with what's around. I know a guy who has quite a few 67-68 Dodge and Chrysler parts cars so that's why was wondering about other C-body years and model interchange as well. At least if I could get the brackets off those would make it easier tracking down the right bumpers too. But if I could use those bumpers as well temporarily would do that till I come across the right ones.
Are you still looking for a rear bumper? I am in Vermont and have a very good one and the brackets.

Back