1966 Fury III - Unfinished Project

Everything in working with is far from perfect!
I'm just aiming for "that looks right" and strong.

Just emptied the trunk, need to get back on repairing this.
20220914_162053.jpg

This car you can probably gauge the progress of the repair by how many feet of MIG wire I've used...

Hour and a half until it got too hot in the sunshine saw a few stiffening ribs put into the trunk floor.
20220922_092717.jpg

Need to adjust one because I managed to put it in misaligned. That'll all be covered in Dynamat and will have a hardboard top with a felt base, all will help deaden the noise.

20221013_144252.jpg

Now it's dried and I've seen it in the sun and the shade... The red buys it.

On a different note- has anybody bought replacement rear quarters for a '66 Fury? Any recommendations on manufacturers for them?

View attachment 562723
Now it's dried and I've seen it in the sun and the shade... The red buys it.

On a different note- has anybody bought replacement rear quarters for a '66 Fury? Any recommendations on manufacturers for them?

I have a few red cars, and I like them. However, the original paint on your car appears to be that sandy rose (lialac?) color that is so stunning on a C-Body. Is that the original color on your car? If so, I vote for that. . .

I have a few red cars, and I like them. However, the original paint on your car appears to be that sandy rose (lialac?) color that is so stunning on a C-Body. Is that the original color on your car? If so, I vote for that. . .
No. The factory color for my car is refrigerator white, with a blue interior.
Previous owner painted it Mauve, which is good but a hard color to get right, his painter managed to make it look like a bowling ball.

Hi Philip, great car and great thread! I particularly enjoyed the clock rebuilding. Where did you learn how to do that?

I don't have any of the U joint caps or bolts you're looking for. I suggest you post a separate wanted ad for the parts you need, more people will see that than this.

Hi Philip, great car and great thread! I particularly enjoyed the clock rebuilding. Where did you learn how to do that?

I don't have any of the U joint caps or bolts you're looking for. I suggest you post a separate wanted ad for the parts you need, more people will see that than this.
All self-taught. More time than money, y'know?

Phil

Didn't get a reply. I do like supporting small business but unfortunately they lost a sale.
Just ordered the parts from Rock Auto for the rear yoke. I'll clean the slip neck up and lube the front universal joint, if the transmission does transmission things then it's worth investing in the rest.

A few minutes today, reassembled the engine.
20221101_155710.jpg

I like the access the way it is.
20221101_175251.jpg

Throttle spatchcocked into place- wrong carburetor but it needs to work. Also polished a few horsepower back into the engine.

Back